Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the community. Some gameplay tips for great start ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumpercars and lollerblades!

Comment

Needs sticky. Bump.

Comment

Be a smart gunner.

No one needs a gunner who senselessly shoot all the time (even if there are no enemies).

1. Check the back!
        An enemy Scorpion could come and try to damage the tank with its self-destruction.
        As soon as you see the enemy, begin to shoot!
        2. Don't focus on easy targets.
        There is no sense to shoot at enemies who will definitely be the target of the tank.
        Try to shoot enemies who are on roofs or who are a bit more far away.
        Or important enemies like orb carriers.
        Raptors and so on are your enemies as well.
        3. Avoid Avrils and Redeemers
        Nothing makes a tank driver more angry than being destroyed by an enemy Avril or Redeemer because of the gunner's fail.
        Shoot them down!
        Avrils are not always easy, I know, but give your best to shoot down the Redeemer missile.
        4. Heal the tank
        Especially on maps like Tank Crossing, it's very important to keep the tank "alive".
        You cannot be destroyed while the tank is alive, but as soon as its hp go down, go out and heal it.
        To avoid hijacking, try not to heal it while the tank driver is healing it.
        And never go in the tank - you will have a new enemy for your life^^

As you see, I mostly talked about the tank.
        However, it is not very difficult to other vehicles like DarkWalker, Cicada and more.
        (Ok, healing Cicada while being in air is not smart).

Greets

Comment

A new guy is not supposed to be a gunner. Either he's a healer or use the main seat.

Comment

Well, but other experienced guys have other things to do.
            Would you prefer to have an experienced guy as a gunner and a newbie as an orb carrier?
            A lot of new guys are gunners, I rarely have any gunners in my tank, and if there is a gunner, it's a completely new or not an experienced player.

I would not say they are not supposed to be gunners.
            It is enough if they even check the back side.
            About the Redeemer and Avril: Press thumbs as a driver^^

P.S. Theoretically, they are not supposed to do many things, but how do you want to avoid it?

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85
              Well, but other experienced guys have other things to do.
              So it's secondary, right?
              Would you prefer to have an experienced guy as a gunner and a newbie as an orb carrier?
              A lot of new guys are gunners, I rarely have any gunners in my tank, and if there is a gunner, it's a completely new or not an experienced player.
              If experienced players don't want to be gunners explain me how will new guys will find it enjoyable? And the tank mini has got to be the weakest weapon ingame, why would you want a player wasting time when he could be harrassing the enemy with some firepower, attacking a node, assaulting the base, go for the flag or try to score skulls. Only an experienced player can tell when it's worthwhile to be a tank gunner.

And yes, I rather have a newbie as an orb carrier, without camping the spawner but surely be able to have his/her turn. Explain me how do you want them to become successful without trying? If it's so problematic to have a noob to carry the orb, then it's a map design problem. On any thread talking about how people are jerks online, sooner or later the 0rb is mentioned. So, either the orb was a mistake and the gametype is fooked or some veterans became shortsighted orbaholics that can't hold a game for 30secs without it

What's more, unlike some pathetic FPS out there, UT3 has no ranks, classes or hierarchies. It's free for all, you can or should be able to do whatever you want.

Comment

People underestimate the usefulness of the tank minigun. First of all, while it's not "that powerful", having it trained on you as a Raptor is usually enough to deter people from their usual antics of trying to get in close and wear the tank down. Second, it doesn't run out of ammo, so it is actually far more effective than a lot of weapons that you would have to go and reload. Third, an already powerful tank driver who can easily eagle eye vehicles, with a gunner in place who can do even enough to damage attackers if not kill them, becomes even more formidable. A player damaged by the gunner who even takes splash damage from the main turret is more likely to die.

Comment

Learn how to use the hoverboard and grapple and please, pretty please accept a lift when someone is offering it to you particularly if you insist on running the orb.

Comment

When I'm in the tank I'd rather not have a gunner. I need to be able to switch to the gunner seat quickly to shoot down an incoming redeemer, it's also a waste of a player who could be doing something more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy
                      People underestimate the usefulness of the tank minigun. First of all, while it's not "that powerful", having it trained on you as a Raptor is usually enough to deter people from their usual antics of trying to get in close and wear the tank down. Second, it doesn't run out of ammo, so it is actually far more effective than a lot of weapons that you would have to go and reload. Third, an already powerful tank driver who can easily eagle eye vehicles, with a gunner in place who can do even enough to damage attackers if not kill them, becomes even more formidable. A player damaged by the gunner who even takes splash damage from the main turret is more likely to die.
                      Sure, but you need an experienced player for that.

Comment

thanks

nice tips

Comment

i guess in some maps a scorp by the tank is better than a gunner. as eux said a good tank driver can switch to gunner to take down a deemer too.

Anyway to new players : move at all times,learn the maps and dont shoot where you see the enemy. Shoot where you think he will be.

Try not to jump tooo much.A good player will know where you will land prolly n shoot there.

Try to be unpredictable.

Comment

Great points all.

I'd just emphasize a few real quick, because they don't seem to soak in, even with more "experienced" players.

- When you spawn, you MUST grab an avril. Period. Eventually you can make the decision if you're good enuf at getting vehicles with flak/shock to skip that step (e.g., flood is under 30). But, and this applies to average players, do yourself a favor: teleport to the location with avrils (base on Flood/Avalanche) and get yourself a @#%@#'n Avril, then teleport back to the action.

This is the #1 thing I did wrong when I first played warfare. I'd get frustrated b/c some idiot with 0 skill would send a scorpion exploding at me, and if you come from other gametypes where fragging is an art (the cult of moving combos), it's extremely frustrating and makes you wanna just say f it to warfare. Solution: grab a **** avril, and keep it out in the right situations (round a corner on Downtown, out in the open on pretty much any level, etc). I can literally spree without any difficulty, simply by standing around with an avril out at contested locations. They're THAT under-utilized.

- Use the minigun appropriately and you'll hear a lot less *****ing. It is: a finisher weapon, a harassment weapon, and great for knocking people off. It is not: your primary weapon that you just walk around shooting at any target you see. That is the "mini spam" that people refer to. It's not even EFFECTIVE used that way, so it is percieved both as skill-less and annoying. USE IT: after you've already planted a rocket in someones face, they have very little life left. USE IT: if someone is running away from you after getting heavily damaged. USE IT: to harass a vehicle, no one in a vehicle should *****, they have a vehicle, you're on foot, boo-freaking-hoo. USE IT: to knock someone off their board (tho personally I prefer the pistol).

- Typically don't occupy a second seat. As I think Euxeus already pointed out, skilled players would rather switch seats than have some useless guy sitting in a 2nd seat. Spamming the tanks minigun just points out where you are, doesn't kill anything, and is a waste of a player who could be doing something else.

- SPECTATE PLAYERS. Wanna learn how to orb run? Watch someone who seems pretty succesful at it. Wanna learn how to be a nightshade *****? You get the idea...

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
                              Learn how to use the hoverboard and grapple and please, pretty please accept a lift when someone is offering it to you particularly if you insist on running the orb.
                              Addendum: give up your vehicle to players who need it more than you unless they need to be towed (Flag/Orb Runner)

Comment

Originally posted by B0T0X View Post
                                Addendum: give up your vehicle to players who need it more than you unless they need to be towed (Flag/Orb Runner)
                                As BOTOX said : You see a guy in downtown with a shaped charge n u have a manta give it to him. Give him a better chance to get a node down.

That only if the player seems to know what to do with it :P ....

....i gave my manta to a guy once(he just took the charge in downtown).Im a slow typer so i shoot him to get his attention n when i did i shoot at the manta(..like take it). Next thing you know ,he put the charge on the manta.I loled ! Not his bad tbh .

Comment

Working...
                                X