registering my non steam copy with steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

registering my non steam copy with steam

What are the benefits of this? Will I still be able to play on non steam servers? are the two versions of the game separate? Will I still be able to login to my old user account and regain my stats?

Really want to play on the free steam weekend against all the players that should be joining (which is smack bang in the middle of exam period, thanks for making me fail my exams epic :P)

Thanks for reading

What are the benefits of this?....your key is registered with Steam so if it ever goes missing Steam has it associated with your Steam account. Even if you lose/damage your DVD you can d/l the game through Steam. Down side is you have to have Steam running to play.
    Will I still be able to play on non steam servers?....Yes
    Are the two versions of the game separate?....No
    Will I still be able to login to my old user account and regain my stats?....Not sure. Should be able to.

Comment

so really theres no real difference? i.e. all the servers are shared between both versions of the game

Comment

Originally posted by PyroFiRE View Post
        so really theres no real difference? i.e. all the servers are shared between both versions of the game
        They're the same version... Only diference is one is distributed digitally and the other phisically.

Comment

Working...
        X