Make All Console"s Share Online Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make All Console"s Share Online Play

To Fix The Online Play From Versing Bots We shuold Make Ps3 PC and 360 Share the Same Connection Hmm How Should I Explain The This . OK there is This Game Called Shadow Run were You were Able to Vrs PC Players With 360 Players. Well I was Thinking If Epic Can Do That Were PC Players, 360 Players And Ps3 Players Can Vrs Each Other Online.

won't happen between 360 and pc/ps3 due to lack of updates and content cos of M$.

PC vs PS3 may be difficult to implement as game speed is different. also game updates are different between the 2 versions and release dates of updates affect it also. just look what happened when the titan pack for ps3 got delayed for europe. the us and eu players were unable to play each other for weeks till both sides of the pond where up-to-date with the updates

Comment

Hold Up sir The Game Speed Is Different Between 360 PC and Ps3. Can you Please Give me Details

Comment

The PS3 version afaik runs at 75% the speed of the PC. Also, the PS3 is impaired for movement (not sure if you can dodge). I think that taking a joypad against a KB/mouse would be hugely unfair for the console crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
          The PS3 version afaik runs at 75% the speed of the PC.
          It runs noticably slower and lower fps than a fair PC. They try to hide it with high amount of motion blur but its just looks like 20fps of blur.
          Also, the PS3 is impaired for movement (not sure if you can dodge).
          You can dodge, but you limited to only left and right "auto dodge" witch is activated by jumping while moving left or right. Continuation dodging is imposable.
          PS3 DOES support mouse and keyboard but its very gimped. Dodge mechanic is gimped to jumping to dodge which feels highly unnatural. (Feels almost like Quake bunny hopping)
          Keyboard is not fully configurable and neither is the mouse, only 3 buttons and wheel (I'm too used to 9 buttons to bind on mouse)
          The killer problem is that there is aim magnetism on ALL control schemes, meaning your aim follows players and corrects to aim at them.
          Combine this with the slow response of the mouse and inconfigurable mouse high acceleration and you have a very gimped mouse and keyboard setup.

Also, why include mouse and keyboard and OMIT text chating? At least MGO allows typing even tho you can't use it for control.
          I think that taking a joypad against a KB/mouse would be hugely unfair for the console crowd
          I'm not going to comment much on this other than there is a large amount of players on both platforms that can't use their controls well.

Comment

Can someone please explain to me why this guy is capitalizing every word...?

Comment

well i don't really care who gets the advantage as long as i don't play against bots i am good

Comment

it would be cool to do actually. they should make it so that there is one broswer for multi-platform and one for just inter pc/ps3/xb360

Comment

This is old.

But I still pray for cross compatibility between PC and PS3 (PS3 needs to be sped up from its default speed), even if Microsoft won't allow it for 360 for whatever reason.

Comment

I for one wouldn't have a problem with all consoles and PCs playing together, it would just mean more easy kills for me. Not to mention a chance to own that 'Force-of-God' kid AKA 'The champ.'

Comment

they tried to do it before with pc, ps2, and xbox original and the players spent more time talking trash and things didnt really work out so they havent done it since

Comment

Originally posted by Ga-Reef View Post
                        I for one wouldn't have a problem with all consoles and PCs playing together, it would just mean more easy kills for me. Not to mention a chance to own that 'Force-of-God' kid AKA 'The champ.'
                        oh god you mean the most garbage player on ut3? you mean the guy who had 2+ ps3s and cheated the ranks so he can be number 1 then claimed he was the best? and trust me i wouldnt be an easy kill

Comment

Back around 2005 or 2006 when the game was still heavily in development Epic Games stated if they could find a good balance they would allow PS3 and PC gamers to play on the same servers, but if they felt it couldn't be balanced to the point where they felt it was fun for everyone, then they wouldn't do it. That's likely what happened.

I'd love to be able to have servers where everyone could play together, but it'll never happen because of several factors. The main one is Microsoft is ****. Secondly, it's just impossible to balance the wall jumping and double jumping on consoles and PC's.

Comment

i would love X platform play on the next version of unreal but i think its to late for ut3 to do it. I really do hate playing all these zombie like bots too tho.

i would rather Epic just come out with a update to let us controller users to have a proper dodge system like for the console version , ive got a pc that runs ut3 perfectly but after months of the pc dodge system giving me even more of a handicap when using a controller i just went back to the console. If i can just jump around like i do on the console i would never ever leave the pc version.

Comment

Check this out: http://www.onlive.com/ Games play off a massive, and powerfull server, rather than your own hardware. EPIC are onboard. As far as I know. Check 1:11-1:15, looks like UT3 too me.

For the specifics of how this all will work, download this video: http://www.gamespot.com/downloads/6206692

PS: I'm very sceptical about this new technology, but who knows. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X