Should I get this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I get this game

i just got a new computer and debating whether i should be this game up or not its not that much 15$ and I had it before on Ps3 but found it boring. I would think it would be a lot better on a pc.

So should I get it or not.

Is a forum based around the life and soul of the game the place to ask for an unbiased answser?

Comment

Yet we see so many of this same thread title, eh? If you like an endless supply of custom content (easily the largest in the gaming world today) and don't mind playing with that content alone most of the time (or small matches when you actually can), then UT3 shouldn't be that bad of a choice. If you still want large online matches with not quite as much custom content, then you can try UT99 or UT2K3/2K4.

And for reference, Unreal was always and will always truly be a PC game. The killer pace (well, not quite so much in UT3, though whatever) just needs a mouse and keyboard--a controller is just too slow and imprecise. Personally, I prefer the older Unreals much more, though UT3 isn't terrible either...for $15 why not?

Comment

If you are a fan of the fast-paced, arcadey, competitive FPS, then by all means get it. No other game on the PC to match it in the current generation of FPSs, what with the emphasis on realistic military simulations etc.

Comment

If I were you i would. Its the best game in its genre and the mods comign out for it would be worth buying seperately. There is an endless supply of retail quality content and it is jsut **** good fun.

Yes.

Comment

If you are tired of all the slow paced "realistic" shooters, then get UT3. The playercount could be bigger to be honest, but I find always a good server with many people in it

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
              Is a forum based around the life and soul of the game the place to ask for an unbiased answser?
              lol
              Don't buy it 15$ is really big money, wherever you live.

Comment

Buy it purely for the chance to play phase 4 mods from the MSUC. It will likely be worth 15$, some the mods are looking rather good.
                The game provides enough entertainment to validate a 15$ buy. I have to admit I got allot more playtime out of Ut2004.

Comment

i didn't think twice about dropping like 50 buxxorz or whatever on release day, and i've certainly got my monies worth. as stated above, the reasons for are many,though the reasons against are more than few. 15 bucks. come one, don't be afraid of economic hard times. live a little... then die alot!

Comment

Just get it!

Comment

16$ (11,42e) you can get almost 12 beers in Finland. Still I suggest you to buy the game, because beers entertains only 12 hours, but UT3 100h - 1000h. Great deal!

Comment

Originally posted by jiiihaad View Post
                        16$ (11,42e) you can get almost 12 beers in Finland. Still I suggest you to buy the game, because beers entertains only 12 hours, but UT3 100h - 1000h. Great deal!
                        Dude, pure + custom combined, I have 87 hours on the hoverboard alone, I think 100h might be a little low xD

Comment

Just get it as stated above... it's addictive... And if you need help just ask don't be upset cuz you're dying a lot... we all died a lot and still dying everyday

Comment

Not everyone have credit card to buy via net, so why not sell just CD-KEYs in normal stores(like MS Live points). Cool little box and paper what contains key on very cheap price. Why not use illegal download sites take care of downloading? Is that illegal?

Now place UT3 next to same price product like beer with text on unreal font:
                            12 HOURS DRUNK OR OVER 100 HOURS ADRENALINE?

Next year Epic could take Younsters Healty Medal, cuz younsters dont drink so much.

Comment

If you're looking for a game that is highly populated and has hundreds of popular servers you're looking into the wrong game. UT3 has a low but steady population (I'm sure you already know this if you had the PS3 version). There's a lot of fun to be had with UT3.

I purchased it about 3 weeks ago for $19.99 from Steam and I have not looked back since. It's easy to find a decently populated server whenever you want, but I've had most of my fun experimenting with UnrealEd3.

The verdict is fairly simple. Download the demo and see for yourself. I believe the demo CTF and DM game modes, and 2-3 maps. You should never base your decision around someones opinion, not even mine. :P What someone else may not like you may like, and vise versa.

Comment

Working...
                              X