Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request: Please no more vCTF-Suspense only servers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Please no more vCTF-Suspense only servers!

Hey all!
    I really enjoyed playing vCTF.
    However, currently, I hardly play it because I just can't find any good servers.
    Either the servers have a high ping because of their distance (just my bad luck), or they are not patched to 2.0/2.1 or they are Suspense only.
    I know two Multiplay.co.uk Suspense only servers and there are always many players there.
    However, does this automatically mean they are all Suspense fans?
    Honestly, no!
    I often asked some of them if they really enjoy Suspense and most times the answer was no.
    The reason they are on the server is, they just want to play vCTF.
    So if they have the choice between Suspense and nothing, well, then Suspense should win most times.

Okay, so my short request to any Multiplay.co.uk server admins and other admins:
    Please let the players decide (map vote) what to play.
    There are 9 official vCTF maps, so I don't see any sense to play just 1 of them.

Thank you for reading!

Greets

I fully and strongly support this idea and hope you will give your urgent attention on this matter!

Comment

That's not dumb as previous UTs Face-only servers, it's even dumber due to lower player and server counts.

Comment

We scrapped them a while back, people still ended up playing just Suspense. Albeit now Rails is a favorite among many players.

Ill see what we can do, although some players like them.

It's been mentioned before because there's a stupidly high amount of them, or was, i can't remember the current count of them.

There are others, but, people just don't play them as much.

Comment

I also like to play Suspense most of the time but according to the low count of servers/players i fully agree with the threadstarter. The votingsystem should be enabled on any server

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
            It's been mentioned before because there's a stupidly high amount of them,
            Would also like to see less suspense only servers, a lot of the other maps are very fun to play.

Comment

1 Epic server with map cycle of the official maps and no mutators would be great.

Comment

Thank you for your support

Oh yes, Vegas' idea seems to be the best:
                Personally, I also would like to play on Titan free servers!
                I mean there is 1 Epic Warfare server with Titan mod, and 1 without.
                The same for vCTF with map cycle (or map vote) would be godlike.

Greets

Comment

I can see where your coming from Nightmare, and Im sure you have a valid point but, please dont touch, I think its called, 'Epic VCTF #5 Suspsense only - Fair play' server. Had so many good games on there, and its just about the only server I always get good pings on, right from the start of playing UT3..
                  I think suspense is so popular because its a map you can play hard on, or just chill and sit back and snipe and take in the sights, its the perfect way to unwind. It has something for everyone, and looks great and has great ambiance.
                  But yeah some more variation is always a good thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Crayfish View Post
                    I think suspense is so popular because its a map you can play hard on, or just chill and sit back and snipe and take in the sights, its the perfect way to unwind. It has something for everyone, and looks great and has great ambiance.
                    But yeah some more variation is always a good thing..
                    I think, and many my fellows will support me, that suspense is "popular" not because this. Actually, it's not that popular, as you claim, among most skilled players (that's assumed from chat experience), it's more popular among mid-skillers and n00bs, and the main reason is that they can easily camp on this map and gain flags, which they are so eager to receive Same thing on Rails map, where 3/4 of the team hang out on their own base just keeping for vehicles to appear and camping.

Comment

Originally posted by Crayfish View Post
                      I can see where your coming from Nightmare, and Im sure you have a valid point but, please dont touch, I think its called, 'Epic VCTF #5 Suspsense only - Fair play' server. Had so many good games on there, and its just about the only server I always get good pings on, right from the start of playing UT3..
                      lol seems like you are suspense-lover. For how long are u playing? And every day you come home, enter UT3 and play Suspense on this server cuz "you always have good pings there"? That's a bit exaggerated. In this case we demand "Necropolis only" and "Kargo only" servers, as i find those 2 maps better, than Suspense.

Comment

Multiplay servers are controlled by Multiplay, not Epic. We will not be changing the remaining two Suspense Fair Play servers to multi-map servers as far as i am aware, already spoke to the other admins about it. Last time the servers were changed, there were lots of complaints, and as i already said, only two are Suspense only.

VCTF5 is suspense fair play

VCTF3 is suspense fair play

VCTF 1, 2, 4 have i think Necropolis and Sandstorm aswell as suspense.

EPIC VCTF1 has all maps and titans
                        EPIC VCTF2 has been taken down i think, it was the only 32 slot without titans.
                        *We at multiplay only admin these epic server for abuse etc, we don't actually change the servers settings, so don't ask us to remove the titans from EPIC VCTF1
                        If people choose to play suspense only, thats up to them, but the more skilled players can go fill a server, just because it is empty does not mean it will be after you and a few others join, it will soon fill up, and it is the only way servers fill. They don't just magically get players on them.

Comment

Yes but the problem is, the map becomes automatically more popular by making a " - only server" with it.
                          I bet if there would be a Sandstorm only server, it would be the same.

The other problem:
                          Everyone wants to play as quickly as possible.
                          He starts the game, goes to the server browser and takes one server with many players.
                          I do the same and the result always would be Suspense - only Suspense.
                          There are maybe only a few Suspense fans, but since they join the server, it automatically gets full.

Why do the other servers only have Suspense, Necropolis and Sandstorm?
                          What about the other maps?
                          I don't get this complete system...

P.S: vCTF 1, 2 and 4 could also be something like Necropolis only, Sandstorm only. etc. And the last could have all - would be fair, wouldn't it?

Edit
                          Off-topic:
                          ArcAne, fix your signature (lose* and link)

Greets

Comment

Newer players sometimes like playing the same map over and over again. It's easier to become good at a single map than it is to become good in general, and it gives nubs a chance to feel good about their abilities. Just look at 2k4, with all the Torlan only servers. Of course, the demo had something to do with that. But for example, I owned the full game but still played strictly in a Torlan only server - for the reasons I listed above.

In essence, people play what they want. Obviously people want to play Suspense. By going to the Suspense server at all, you are encouraging the "problem." Stop going there. Try and populate the other servers.

Comment

Hey Cr4zy, how about one with a rotation? I've gotten a few PMs about this too, I've just been busy and forgot to mention it.

Comment

Working...
                              X