play ut3 with gamepad for pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

play ut3 with gamepad for pc

ok i have been messin around with different ways and programs to play ut3 with a game pad, they have all em stupid programs and crazy idea's of how to and stuff well i found a gamepad you can just plug and play no gimiks just plug and play on all games inc ut3 which is my fav.
    here is the link
    http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/p3600v2.htm

I tried that thing... my left stick moves sideways when I push forward or back, and the left stick moves diagonally when I move right or left... using the ut3 profile from thier site just made it worse... gave up. It's on my floor, dusty. I am curious... you had no problem with the movement?

Comment

What gimmicks? Just buy an adapter cable for your Dual Shock 2 controller.

Linky

Comment

PS3 controller works with no adapter, but the drivers are not compatible with vista64. XP/vista32 users can choose between two sets of drivers, then use the controller. Vista64, it doesn't work. I'm sure someone will create them eventually. The drivers currently in use were created by hobbyists, they are not "official", theres one from a guy in either US or UK and a different one from a japanese programmer. Both appear to work well, just not w/64 bit OS's.

Comment

use xpadder with 360 pad..

Comment

This is the best solution, the problem is games only supports Xbox360 controllers these days...

Xbox360 controller emulator:
            http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php...ads&showfile=4

Best part of all it you can use for just about any game. Just copy the files into the same directory as the exe. You can use the program provided to configure your buttons to exactly match that of the Xbox360 controller.

Comment

did the latest patch add auto dodge for controllers yet like it is on the consoles?

Thats the 1 and only thing thats keeping me off my pc version of ut3

Comment

Just use a KB&M :?

Comment

Originally posted by KILLdEVIL81 View Post
                  use xpadder with 360 pad..
                  360 controller + xbcd ftw.

but srsly, not for an fps game. i tried it. it sucks. bots rape you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
                    360 controller + xbcd ftw.

but srsly, not for an fps game. i tried it. it sucks. bots rape you.
                    You'd be suprised how good you can get with the proper controller and sensitivity setting. Thumb twitch aiming...

Biggest problem is the way you dodge atm.

Comment

sorry my bad wrong one i put down
                      saitek p3600
                      http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-P3600-C.../dp/B000TCB3XW
                      i got the model number wrong sorry went up my friends house to try it and it works perfect on ut3 for sure there no crappy xpadder needed i have tried many crappy things but this is xcelant.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                        You'd be suprised how good you can get with the proper controller and sensitivity setting. Thumb twitch aiming...

Biggest problem is the way you dodge atm.
                        biggest problem is you cant use your thumb to press jump and aim at the same time while you try to walk with a ****ty analogue stick. mouse + kb is just so superiour.

Comment

^^

maybe you cant jump and aim with a controller but i can.

Comment

Bio, left stick moves, right stick aims, front (shoulder) button jumps, all can be done. Having said that, let's not turn this into another kb/m vs controller thread, plenty of those about. This is more of a "what's the best way if I DO decide to use a controller" thread. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
                              biggest problem is you cant use your thumb to press jump and aim at the same time while you try to walk with a ****ty analogue stick. mouse + kb is just so superiour.
                              You kinda can, dependig on how you hold it and how big the gamepad is.
                              I can put both my index finger and middle finger on the two top buttons at the same time. Can do the same left and right.

That means you can press 4 buttons at any time and at the same time. (6 if you include pressing in the two analog sticks) while having your thumbs on the analog sticks.

If you could make it so that you could dodge by pressing a button while moving a certain direction then you could play properly.

My configuration would look something like this.
                              R1 : Jump
                              R2 : Primary Fire
                              (So at I could jump and shoot)
                              L1 : Quick Weapon switching
                              L2 : Secondary fire.
                              LeftAnalogPressedIn : Dodge (dependant on the direction you moving)
                              A good analog stick can be pressed in anytime no matter it's position.

Sure, you will never have the precision of a mouse. But at least you'll be able to play decently. (be hard to be hit at least)

Comment

Working...
                              X