Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to increase my own footsteps sounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to increase my own footsteps sounds?

I've heard it's possible to disable them, but I want the contrary, to make them more audible.

I've found this file: A_Character_Footsteps.upk If I open it up in the editor and right click I can see how to change the volume. However, I cannot save the file: the requested operation cannot be performed on a cooked package. What can I do?

Comment

You can try changing the values in the UTEngine.ini file. Make a backup of it first and then scroll down to "[Engine.AudioDevice]". I believe if you increase the number for "Character, Properties" it'll increase your footsteps (among other things, of course). I have it set to 1.4. My ambient is on 2. I've found it easier to change the volumes this way instead of the in-game menu - All set to 10 except announcer.

Comment

Great! That works! Thanx a lot. BTW, do you know which one of these lines controls the vehicles engine sound? They are so silent!

[Engine.AudioDevice]
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Ambient,Properties=(Volume= 1))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Announcer,Properties=(Volum e=1,bAlwaysPlay=1,bNoReverb=TRUE))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Briefing,Properties=(Volume =1,bAlwaysPlay=1,bIsUISound=TRUE))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Character,Properties=(Volum e=4))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Cinematic,Properties=(Volum e=1,bNoReverb=TRUE))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=CinematicDialog,Properties= (Volume=1))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Dialog,Properties=(Volume=1 ),ChildGroupNames=(StoryDialog,CinematicDialog,Tau nts,Briefing))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Item,Properties=(Volume=1))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Master,Properties=(Volume=1 ),ChildGroupNames=(SFX,Cinematic,Music,Announcer,V oiceChat,Dialog,MovieEffects,MovieVoice,UI))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=MovieEffects,Properties=(Vo lume=1))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=MovieVoice,Properties=(Volu me=1))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Music,Properties=(Volume=1, bNoReverb=TRUE,bAlwaysPlay=1))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=SFX,Properties=(Volume=1,bN oReverb=TRUE),ChildGroupNames=(Character,Item,Stin ger,Vehicle,Weapon))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Stinger,Properties=(Volume= 1,bNoReverb=TRUE))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=StoryDialog,Properties=(Vol ume=1))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Taunts,Properties=(Volume=0 .5))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=UI,Properties=(Volume=1,bNo Reverb=TRUE,bIsUISound=TRUE))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Vehicle,Properties=(Volume= 4))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=VoiceChat,Properties=(Volum e=1,bNoReverb=TRUE))
        SoundGroups=(GroupName=Weapon,Properties=(Volume=4 ))
        SoundGroupEffects=()
        SoundGroupEffects=(GroupEffect=((GroupName=Weapon, PitchAdjuster=0.4),(GroupName=Ambient,PitchAdjuste r=0.4),(GroupName=Character,PitchAdjuster=0.4),(Gr oupName=Item,PitchAdjuster=0.4),(GroupName=Vehicle ,PitchAdjuster=0.4)))

Comment

SoundGroups=(GroupName=Vehicle,Properties=(Volume= 4))

Comment

Listening to sounds that can distract you(like own footsteps) wont help you in game. If you like it better is kk but i wouldnt recommend it .

Comment

I play for fun, not for competition. hmmm... anyone knows about the vehicle engine sounds?

Comment

I think langy meant to answer your question

Comment

so if i turn up MY footstep sounds, would not my opponent be able to hear me beyond lines of sight, and therefore give them the advantage of superior map control?

conversely does this also mean that i might be able to turn up the footfall sounds to achieve the same "advantage"?

Comment

Originally posted by rek View Post
                    so if i turn up MY footstep sounds, would not my opponent be able to hear me beyond lines of sight, and therefore give them the advantage of superior map control?
                    No, because what YOU change in YOUR properties doesn't affect HIM.
                    He'd still have an advantage, because YOU wouldn't hear as much as he would.

Originally posted by rek View Post
                    conversely does this also mean that i might be able to turn up the footfall sounds to achieve the same "advantage"?
                    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
                      Listening to sounds that can distract you(like own footsteps) wont help you in game. If you like it better is kk but i wouldnt recommend it .
                      You can just turn of the sound of your own footsteps.

Comment

Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
                        You can just turn of the sound of your own footsteps.
                        Tell him. Not me m8. I can understand high explosions sounds but hearing your footsteps loud? Where is the fun in this?

Comment

Originally posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
                          You can try changing the values in the UTEngine.ini file. Make a backup of it first and then scroll down to "[Engine.AudioDevice]". I believe if you increase the number for "Character, Properties" it'll increase your footsteps (among other things, of course). I have it set to 1.4. My ambient is on 2. I've found it easier to change the volumes this way instead of the in-game menu - All set to 10 except announcer.
                          Does it increase only your character or all character footstep sounds?

Comment

Working...
                          X