Ut 3 for mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut 3 for mac?

Are they planing on coming out with UT 3 for mac?

"Nothing new to be announced at this time"
    aka, No sorry :P

Comment

It's in the works, and has been for a while. But its a 1 man project, so theres no release date.
      I make do with running it in XP via Bootcamp on my Mac. I even got UT3 to run in OS X via Parallels VM the other day. But it was obscenely slow.. So thats no option.

Pop!

Comment

Yea,Epic games always leave out the mac gammers

Comment

Mac gamers is such a small percentage of players though.

Comment

True,But i wish they would atleast consider them out there who do have a mac

Comment

Originally posted by PaperOrPlastic View Post
              True,But i wish they would atleast consider them out there who do have a mac
              Maybe Apple should be more supportive about it... Seriously how in hell can they just get 1 independent guy on the job its stupid.
              There should be support not just from the game companies but as well Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
                Maybe Apple should be more supportive about it... Seriously how in hell can they just get 1 independent guy on the job its stupid.
                There should be support not just from the game companies but as well Apple.
                Wanna explain how Apple could be more supportive!?

Compare a development project for Windows too that of a Mac for the same piece of software and see which is cheapest.

Plus you do not have to put up with Microsoft's bull**** validation and allowance process.

Fact of the matter is, Epic are in it for the cash, nothing else.

Unreal was released on the Mac before PC, now it's switched in because the other makes more money.

Comment

I'm on a Macbook Pro but don't really mind switching over to XP to map. A few weeks ago there was an update about the game coming along nicely, so I'm pretty sure the project wasn't dropped.

Does anyone with connection to the project know if there will be editor support on the Mac edition? Years ago they announced that there would be for Mac and Linux because the engine spanned those two platforms, but now I'm fully expecting no editor... We got Photoshop, Autodesk started to produce Maya for OS X last year, so a mac editor wouldn't be so crippled and useless. I'd only buy the game again for OS X if it had an editor, but I'm sure I'm one of the only ones...

Comment

I'll revive this thread. From a purely technically-possible standpoint, you can run UT3 on a Mac without Bootcamp, Parallels, or VM Ware. I just learned about "Wrappers" and have successfully been able to play UT3 natively on a 2008 Macbook Pro. I bought the UT3 and use my own license code on it. Now on the Mac.

The website is here:
                    http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtop...t=tournament+3

Comment

Originally posted by PaperOrPlastic View Post
                      Yea,Epic games always leave out the mac gammers
                      With this game they also left out the PC gamers. Console port that will never be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X