Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Official Epic UT3 Greed Servers [PC]

Hi,

I've been having a blast playing greed on Official Epic UT3 Greed #1 and #2, but we have become increasingly frustrated with the score limit. It seems that experienced greed players can score 100 skulls in under 2 minutes, even more so with the Titan mutator activated.

We therefore request that the score limit for the Official Epic UT3 Greed servers be increased to 300 or more so that we can have more fulfilling games without changing maps every 2 minutes. If the Titan mutator is going to be activated, then we need a higher score count to keep the game fun and enjoyable. Thank you very much for your attention to this.

i agree
    dumb 10 character min reply size

Comment

I think greed with titan mutator is good fun, but I haven't been playing on the greed servers because of this.

Signed!

Comment

More important to me than the game-winning score is the team balancing.

Very few people are courteous enough to actually switch teams in this game. Due to the lack of team balance the games often end up being very unsatisfying because the other team might be 1 experienced player and 5 noobs, whereas my team might be 4 experienced players and and 2 noobs. Sometimes I'll see a horrible game coming and I'll swap to the weaker team to try to even up... ...and they're too nooby to even know how to switch teams!!! They can't even help me help them! Maybe we need more active moderation? Meh

In any case, many of the games end up being horribly lopsided. A normal score might look like...

Red: 45, 24, 13, 8, 5, 4, 1 Blue: 7, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

It is a horrible feeling fighting an uphill battle for an entire game and still getting horribly crushed.

I'm a skilled, experienced player. I'm not bragging but just saying... I know what I'm doing. I know good teamwork when I see it (healing team vehicles, giving away your vehicle to a player with skulls, supporting players with lots of skulls, warnings on incoming skulls and skull locations on mic, etc.) and played with some fantastic player in UT2k4 for years. The dynamics of a good team are a beautiful thing. ...Conversely, the dynamics of an inexperienced and/or selfish hero-mindset team are a very ugly thing.

Regardless of my experience there are nights where I will lose something ridiculous like 12 games in a row because I continually get put on the weak team. One game I literally scored 90 skulls and we lost because no one else on my team scored a single skull. Nights like that turn what should be an enjoyable experience into an increasingly frustrating one. I don't mind losing a good game. In fact, I will still have enjoyed the game even if we lost as long as it was a tough, even match. What is frustrating is losing an uneven game... One where you might've played excellently, but were crushed nonetheless.

So... Team balance? DEFINITELY (Some claim it would be hard to balance, but the formula could just be a combination of skull caps and kills. People capturing 0 skulls and having 0 to 5 kills in the course of a game can easily be considered weaker players)

Increasing the winning score? Sure, why not? I'm not down for 300, but 150 or 200 would be fine.

Comment

+1 here UT Rulz

Comment

150 and better team balancing features sounds about right to me.

Comment

You got it Mr Gumby.

I have some server rebuilding to do as one of them is having issues, but this is on my list.

Comment

I've raised it to 200 for now since it's not so drastic. The change should take effect on the next map change. Let me know how it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                  I've raised it to 200 for now since it's not so drastic. The change should take effect on the next map change. Let me know how it works out.
                  thanks flak

Comment

Best team balancer ever:
                    http://ut3gow.com/GOWJustice

Comment

The 200 limit plays nicely. Thanks!!!

Comment

Ok Official Epic UT3 Greed #1 some jerk off named lastorc is spamming messages over and over filling up the screen with racist comment! I cant find a admin for the server to get him off. Everyone is telling him to stop but i think hes getting off on it.

Who do we contact when a moron does something like this?

Comment

And how do we select the spammer and choose "Ignore text chat"?

Comment

RDH please send me a PM if it happens again.

Thanks

Comment

Flak, I posted one here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=687397
                              You can see the image I captured with people in game permissions to post this image.

Comment

Working...
                              X