Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FN duel ladder - Where are the Europeans and Russians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FN duel ladder - Where are the Europeans and Russians?

Fragzone Duel London server was made to bridge the gap between US and European players on our ladder at www.fraggednation.com. We currently have rules in place to make matches between US and Euro players more balanced by allowing Euro and Russians to host their map on Fragzone Duel London as long as US players ping below 200. USA player would then host their map in US with same ping rules.

Out of all my duel servers
    Fragzone Duel London
    Fragzone Duel Chicago
    Fragzone Duel Los Angeles

The London server is by far the most active server by the numbers. However, we hardly have any of you Euro and Russians players on the ladder. Don't forget these servers are set up with ping compensation max at 200, so the high ping is not as bad as it seems. I play in London server with 135 ping all the time, lag is very minimal with Ping Correction.

Anyways, I cannot afford to keep all 3 servers open. If we don't get more Europeans joining, I may need to close down London server or make it private to save money. If you really enjoy this server you can also donate at

http://drjacobs.webs.com/donation.htm

hmmm...i think most players are already engaged on ClanBase and ESL Ladders, and i'm not sure if European players or players in general enjoy playing with pings above 100, especially in duel.

Comment

Besides what PinkyRing said, ladders aren't really what most of the competitive players look for, it's more about cups, and worthy cups with some coverage etc, ladders prestige isn't really big compared to a cup.

Comment

yea personally i find ladders boring. players lose motivation after the first few games

and 100+ ping isn't fun at all

Comment

We do a 3 month season ladder to seed people in a playoff at the end of the season. We seed people based on skill so that everyone on the ladder can compete against others with similar skill so everyone has a chance to bring home a trophy.

Comment

Fraggednation hosts a ton of Ut99 and 2K4 ladders and tourneys and there are many, MANY teams made up of people not just from North and South America, but tons from the UK, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Jordan, and many other countries.

I am sure there are many UT3 players out there from other continents as I see many Euro based servers full. Clan base is out there, but when I went there I find it very narrow and cold.

Fraggednation is made up of gamers, and run by gamers. Not just that but it is run by active gamers. So if you sign up to a ladder, then we encourage people to keep playing. I have found that a ton of people sign up, like on Enemy Down, then all of a sudden the admins lock everything and no one can sign up or post new things, or ladders go silent over night.

That is not the case at Fraggednation. We are committed to keeping the flame burning and new ladders are still in the works. There are WAR, VCTF, Deul, TDM and CTF ladders all open for anyone to join at any time.

Frag on!

Comment

i don't like playing high ping its no fun

Comment

clanbase seems to be all euro =( there are alot of vctf teams but only about 4 are active. the FN 1v1 ladders are hopping and can always use more people

Comment

Working...
                X