We need to call "monster kill" something else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to call "monster kill" something else

Nowadays awareness around most minorities has been raised to the point where they wouldn't be abused in an in-game announcement, but what about the monsters that do in fact play UT3?

A friend of mine, who happens to be a monster, told me that it is slightly offended by this announcement, and that killing its breed is something we celebrate.

If Epic cannot change the announcement to something completely neutral, then maybe at least we should stop using the M-word and change it for the politically correct term?

I agree fully, m-m-m-m-monster kill was more politically correct since it didn't refer to the monster being killed, but the kill itself. So please change it for the sake of all the monsters (Krall got feelings to you know).

Comment

P-p-p-pwnage kill...

Comment

Hmmm, well...it seems that the "N" word is socially acceptable if uttered by someone of African descent in the context of a greeting to another of the same racial heritage, and also appears to be permissible within rap.

Given that, if the kill is by an "M"-word person on an "M"-word person, or in the context of appropriate musical usage then it should be OK.

We probably need to ensure that we have affirmative discrimination to ensure that the bans are only levied upon non-"M"-word persons by non-"M" word persons when such a thing is uttered.

The main problem I can see with all this is that the mutator needed to effect this change would cause the servers to drop from the white-list.

Argh! Is "white-list" allowed?

Comment

Given that, if the kill is by an "M"-word person on an "M"-word person, or in the context of appropriate musical usage then it should be OK.
          Yeah, dem monsta rap groups ain't nearly as famous as dey deserves to be.

Comment

L-L-L-L-Loll

Comment

Even a caveman prefers a, la la la la la ludicrous kill

Comment

So basically we need a krall announcher

Comment

And a sexy Krall announcer on top of that.

Comment

And after 10 years you managed to discuss that?

Comment

I'd also like to address the need for team color preference. Right now when I join a public server, it always puts me on red. Just because my name has "commie" in it doesn't make it right to put me on the red team. It's disgusting and offensive. I don't ever want to be placed on the red team because of my nick. I have rights too! PUT ME ON BLUE!

Comment

I'm from a country with a blue flag (hint: I'm not talking about sweden, although that works too I guess), I have blue eyes, and my favorite color is blue. Needless to say, I am less than thrilled whenever I am placed on the red team.

Comment

Well, you say your friend is a monster, and as such, is offended by "Monster Kill!" But what if your friend was a ****? Would he also have been offended by the "Holy ****!!" kills from UT2004? Would South Parks Mr Hanky have left him feeling deeply unsettled?
                          I confess, I miss a **** good Holy ****. I found them immensely satisfying and invigorating.

On a more serious note, its a shame it is difficult or impossible to customise those announcements. I believe it was easier to do that kind of thing in UT2004 etc?

Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                            I'm from a country with a blue flag (hint: I'm not talking about sweden, although that works too I guess), I have blue eyes, and my favorite color is blue. Needless to say, I am less than thrilled whenever I am placed on the red team.
                            You're not talking about Sweden? Your location says Sweden... xD

Comment

i cant play TDM's because my white side always feel offensed...my flag is blue, white, red...no luck

....hoppefully i still slim....else i hadent accept the mega kill...

Comment

Working...
                              X