Titan Pack, Patch 2.1 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titan Pack, Patch 2.1 problems

Hi, I have UT3 on my system since one year ago, today I installed the 2.1 patch and then the Titan Pack.

I started the game as usual and then went to settings to select my character.
    (I use othello, mainly).
    I selected Othello, and when the 3D view started the game crashed and had to exit through Task Manager. The same with every character.

I said, what the hell, let's start a game instead of going to character selection screen.
    Started Multiplayer with 9 bots, a map from the Titan Pack (Darkmatch).

Map loads (a little longer than usual), then I get the sounds, the HUD, but instead of viewing the environment I see hundreds of pixels in different colors filling my screen. I repeat, was able to see the HUD and the weapons I was carrying. Then I hear sounds again, I hear First Blood , Bishop rode Connor's rocket into oblivion, and I got an aneurysm resetting my PC, cause the crash was permanent, Task Manager didn't work this time. The same on every map.

I downloaded the latest Nvidia patch after that, 185.85, but now I can't even enter the menu. I see the startup screen with the UT3 big logo, but then black screen and it stucks there, it doesn't go further.

Searched all through the net, nobody seems to have this problem.

PC Configuration:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
    EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 on EVGA Nforce 720S SLI (or something like that) motherboard.
    Also 8 GB Ram and Windows XP 64bit.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Wow, sorry I can't help you. Your system is an overkill for UT3, so don't worry about that. It is really a shame Epic doesn't have a team for this kind of stuff. Epic, there you loose another player.

One more thing: Windows XP cannot use more than 2 GB of RAM.

Comment

OK...

Reinstall the game and get the patch and titan content from very reliable and stable download mirrors.

I've found alot of errors when there shoudnt be any from downloads that were slightly interupted in the middle.

Comment

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I've installed UT3 and Titan two times in the last week (once each on two computers).

Pretty much what I do is install patches and content in the order they were released. In this case, I installed UT3, the original Bonus Pack, CBP1, CBP2, Patch 2.0, Titan Pack, and Patch 2.1, all in that order, and haven't had any issues.

You noted you'd installed 2.1, then the Titan Pack. The only thing I could think of is maybe bypassing Patch 2.0 screwed something up. I'm not sure, but maybe it'd be worth trying the order I listed above.

I'm also running the 185.85 drivers for my EVGA GTX260 216, and haven't had any issues with them, so I don't think they're the problem.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Pretty sure XP 64 can use the RAM. Don't know how to solve your problem... cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by fenixrisingxl View Post
            I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I've installed UT3 and Titan two times in the last week (once each on two computers).

Pretty much what I do is install patches and content in the order they were released. In this case, I installed UT3, the original Bonus Pack, CBP1, CBP2, Patch 2.0, Titan Pack, and Patch 2.1, all in that order, and haven't had any issues.

You noted you'd installed 2.1, then the Titan Pack. The only thing I could think of is maybe bypassing Patch 2.0 screwed something up. I'm not sure, but maybe it'd be worth trying the order I listed above.

I'm also running the 185.85 drivers for my EVGA GTX260 216, and haven't had any issues with them, so I don't think they're the problem.

Hope this helps.

Not sure that may work for some people... but i had reformatted my PC and installed UT3 the directly patch 2.1 and titan pack and other costum stuff and the game went well... though it may work for others.

Try re-installing the game if you say you had it installed for one year maybe some files got corrupted

Comment

ok first of all u said "I have UT3 on my system since one year ago" before one year there werent this gfx and this processor i think so i dont know how other things work on this pc.Try to format whole system put windows xp 32bit and latest hardware drivers that should work!

Comment

Going to format my hard disc tonight, so do I get the latest version when downloading through steam? Which is 2.1

Comment

You should get the latest version through Steanm, Cent. Mine updated a few days ago and when you boot up UT3 you will see the version number in the top-left.

Comment

Thanks Masaai Warrior !!!! cya in game :-)

Comment

O-kay!

Comment

Originally posted by kixzor View Post
                        ok first of all u said "I have UT3 on my system since one year ago" before one year there werent this gfx and this processor i think so i dont know how other things work on this pc.Try to format whole system put windows xp 32bit and latest hardware drivers that should work!
                        There was the hard drive, you know?

Comment

Working...
                        X