• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons.

The Good:
    Rocket Launcher.
    Shock Rifle.
    Sniper Rifle.
    Bio Rifle. (In a usage sense, tricky but rewarding, still prefer a Razor Jack or Ripper.)
    Enforcer.

The Bad:

Stinger Minigun - I never use the secondary trigger, just put back the original trigger actions from 99.

Redeemer - Gief damage pl0x.

Flak Cannon - Horrible timing, since 99' you have not been able to get the timing right on this weapon - it's close, personal and supposed to be fast but single shot.

Instead what we have is a horrendous clunky weapon which is average at range, strong close and ridiculously slow with trigger lag.

The Overpowered:

Stinger Minigun - Faceroll primary trigger.

Link Gun - Alt trigger, needs a lot less range, damage is fine.

Opinions and post your own Good Bad, overpowered!

I think you mean to say that you can't get the timing right on the Flak cannon. I have no problem with it.

Overall I don't think there are any bad weapons. You just have to use them in the right situations.

Stinger is overpowered, agreed. Link gun alt, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      I think you mean to say that you can't get the timing right on the Flak cannon.
      I mean what I say, it's a horrid weapon to use - even worse than UT 2004's.

Though I am a Q3 player at heart so weapon perfection may never be matched.

Comment

You know, on the PS3, the Stinger primary fire is not as overpowered because you have to keep a sustained hit on your enemy, and it's a little hard to do that with a controller.

I do just fine with the secondary fire, though.

I think the flak cannon is very powerful. I love it. I'm full of ownage with that one.

I wish the bio rifle's sludge lasts longer, IMO. A bigger redeemer explosion would be nice, too.

Other than that the weapon balance is near perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
          I think you mean to say that you can't get the timing right on the Flak cannon. I have no problem with it.

Overall I don't think there are any bad weapons. You just have to use them in the right situations.

Stinger is overpowered, agreed. Link gun alt, not so much.
          Agreed on everything except stinger.

I manage to get more kills with the link secondary than I do with the stinger prim for some reason.

Comment

Haha, you're a beast with that link alt! If we duel again, we'll just have to settle for a map that doesn't have a link gun.

Comment

your flak cannon claim is bs that is the best gun ever dont hate if you arent good with it

Comment

You say the exact opposite of what's true.
                I love Flak Cannon and Stinger.

Comment

4 weapons that are completely situational,
                  Sniper rifle *****
                  bio rifle ***
                  flak cannon *****
                  link gun ****

the link gun is more of a tool than the stinger.( there's an idea for a gametype, stinger mining.... something. and impact hammer. )

the flak cannon is much betr for a shot gun, manta killing (raptors if your close enough) and node destroying. use flak so u can use link to heal l8tr.

Comment

Lol, I find myself using mini's secondary a lot.
                    I don't think link gun is overpowered, in fact I'd love some extra range, even if a little bit more.
                    I can only agree with you with the flak cannon. UT's flak is the way to go.

Comment

Yeah stinger is the most **** *** **** ***** **** up weapon and I really hate it since 1999(Minigun).

And don't say i'm not good at it... cuz i am ... I just hate it

Comment

(alt fire + beserk + stinger = WTFoogie)

Comment

The bio rifle and flak cannon are the best guns in the game

Comment

Arrgggh! Reality is, lag -so everyone resorts to stinger battles -I can use it too but find it unrewarding, still feels like a cheap lazy way of getting a kill, that and the fact that it's the noob's weapon of choice.

Link alt only feels overpowered with godlike bots which seem to keep it locked on you around corners and use it a little too well considering they miss with hitscan

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                              Arrgggh! Reality is, lag -so everyone resorts to stinger battles -I can use it too but find it unrewarding, still feels like a cheap lazy way of getting a kill, that and the fact that it's the noob's weapon of choice.
                              100% True.

Comment

Working...
                              X