map install time (ps3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map install time (ps3)

How long does it take for you to install a new map?

How many maps do you currently have installed?

Takes way, way too long, ive got all of them but doing the cbps took litterally half an hour

Comment

Never had it take half an hour. maybe the download part... but not the install.

Anyways, not that long. and I have 31 sets of custom content.. some of those are whole map packs, and some user models... so not quite sure, but a LOT

Comment

search for the map/mod you want--------2 to 5 minutes
        download the file------------------------30 seconds
        transfer to flashdrive/memory stick-------30 seconds
        upload to PS3---------------------------30 seconds

TOTAL TIME----------------------------3.5 to 6.5 minutes

Doesn't take long at all, just mostly tedious when trying to transfer many maps/mods one at a time.

I used to have 8 gigs of custom content (100's of maps) that all had to be erased when 2.0 patch was uploaded. Now I have a mere fraction of that back.

Still installing them yourself is way faster than using mod browser on ps3 ingame. Although not all previously cooked ps3 maps are compatible with version 2.0

Comment

Installing started a lot longer since the titan pack came it seems to me.
          Unpacking gets at 99 or 100% and then sits there for 5 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Drokun View Post
            Unpacking gets at 99 or 100% and then sits there for 5 minutes
            Does that for me too, glad it's not just me. The new mod browser / patch 2.0 are a hell of a lot faster than when the game first came out though, it was painfully slow before.

Comment

Working...
            X