Am I the only one was wanted to see the story ending T_T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one was wanted to see the story ending T_T

Considering how long it took me to complete the single player bot matches, the ending made me feel so cheated in a way even Halo 2 and Crysis didn't.

Did they ever plan to finish the story in an expansion pack or sequel???

The expansion is out, and the story is finished. Malcolm turned titan and spawnkilled Reaper over and over with the ground pound until Reaper had enough and ragequit.

Comment

Lol. But actually, the ending is done on purpose. That's the signature ending of Unreal games, and is a tradition that comes even from the first game, Unreal 1. All endings are sweet and sour, and every time the future of the main character is unknown, giving space for imagination and possible sequels.

In Unreal, the story ended when your character finally found a way out of Na Pali, but then all of a sudden his spaceship ran out of fuel, leaving him trapped again, with no telling about what would happen next.

In Unreal's expansion Return to Na Pali, the story ends with another escape from Na Pali, this time successful, but the character still flies off to the unknown, never to be heard from again.

In Unreal II, the story ends similarly, your character John Dalton is stuck in an escape pod flying somewhere. He had his revenge, but at the same time his crew mates were killed, so it's again sweet and sour. And yet again, we have no clue about what happened later.

In UT3, Reaper defeats Akasha, but then his sister is killed. And again, no final ending, we can only guess where Reaper failed to have his revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Lol. But actually, the ending is done on purpose. That's the signature ending of Unreal games, and is a tradition that comes even from the first game, Unreal 1. All endings are sweet and sour, and every time the future of the main character is unknown, giving space for imagination and possible sequels.

In Unreal, the story ended when your character finally found a way out of Na Pali, but then all of a sudden his spaceship ran out of fuel, leaving him trapped again, with no telling about what would happen next.

In Unreal's expansion Return to Na Pali, the story ends with another escape from Na Pali, this time successful, but the character still flies off to the unknown, never to be heard from again.

In Unreal II, the story ends similarly, your character John Dalton is stuck in an escape pod flying somewhere. He had his revenge, but at the same time his crew mates were killed, so it's again sweet and sour. And yet again, we have no clue about what happened later.

In UT3, Reaper defeats Akasha, but then his sister is killed. And again, no final ending, we can only guess where Reaper failed to have his revenge.
        But the campaigns in the Unreal games were a lot more satisfying to play through. UT3's was pretty tedious, and I had to force myself to complete it.

And there was only like 5 cutscenes in the game lol.

Comment

There shouldn't have been a "story" in the first place. The story is Liandri created the tournament to let min0rs vent their frustration. UT3 should've been just the next installment of this tournament.

Comment

for what was there, I enjoyed the campaign, and at least at first, it's a decent tutorial for newcomers

i actually wanted to reaper get revenge and kill malcom - they could really do something cool with that

i mean, even if it's not fleshed out and generally undetailed, and even hasty... at least it's not that retarded Helen Cooper **** that Gears of War is going towards lol

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
              There shouldn't have been a "story" in the first place. The story is Liandri created the tournament to let min0rs vent their frustration. UT3 should've been just the next installment of this tournament.
              ^-- This is true. They should have saved the story for Unreal III - it would have really worked out there.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQKRwdqv9Nk

I remember when I first saw this video two years ago. Raised my expectations for the campaign way too high.

Comment

Working...
                X