This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
    A compared to B is like X compared to Y but different? You lost me. A is different from B? Or A compared to B is different from X compared to Y?
    they both aren't up to the level of their older counterparts

Comment

Originally posted by Gan Xodos View Post
      those are among some of the reasons. let's just say it's not a good game. and I've never played counterstrike. I'd rather go back to ut2004. ut3 has no strong points. vehicle modes are too complicated for noobs to the genre and there is simply too much. ut3 compared to ut2004 is like modern warfare 2 compared to cod4 albeit slightly different.
      What are you talking about, none of the UT's have been noob friendly but at least in UT3 your not walking around forever in ONS simply because you didn't get a vehicle like in 2K4
      ORB running and the countdown nodes on some maps make it a hell of a lot more exciting gametype then 2K4 even for new players.

Give me UT3 any day!

Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
      2. I don't know ask them, I refuse to map anymore not because I don't like it or I don't like the game, It is just a waste of my time since maybe 20 people will play it at most. 20 people does not make sense for putting many hours into a map. They like to map maybe so they map and release what they do.
      Perhaps you shouldn't judge whether the game is dead or not just by online numbers.
      Myself, out of the last 10 hours I have played this game I only spent about 2 online, the rest offline playing my fav maps.
      I have the oppinion that online gaming is one the wane!

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
        Perhaps you shouldn't judge whether the game is dead or not just by online numbers.
        Myself, out of the last 10 hours I have played this game I only spent about 2 online, the rest offline playing my fav maps.
        Exactly this

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
          What are you talking about, none of the UT's have been noob friendly but at least in UT3 your not walking around forever in ONS simply because you didn't get a vehicle like in 2K4
          ORB running and the countdown nodes on some maps make it a hell of a lot more exciting gametype then 2K4 even for new players.

Give me UT3 any day!

Oh I'm sorry, I'll change my thing then, I'll make it 40 players instead of 20 my bad I forgot the offline crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Gan Xodos View Post
            I really hate epic for making this stupid game. I mean it's so blatantly incomplete! why is there no ending to the campaign story-line? (this will surely mean that if they make ut4 the campaign will be just as stupid because they will simply finish where ut3 got interrupted. BAH! and why is malcolm and his team not playable when it seemed 100% sure that they would be before the game came out? they don't give a ****. if they wanted to make a good game like ut2004 they could have, yet they make a stupid game just because they want to show off their stupid "gears of war" engine. I mean really they should rename the engine since they made it specifically for GOW. Sheesh I feel so taken advantage of...
            (not to mention they're not releasing GOW 2 for pc so I don't see why we should support epic at all.
            I seriously laughed out loud when I read this! XD

Anyone visit the forums of games from a decade ago that either died off or were surpassed by sequels to complain that they're dead? No? (I really hope not) So why do it here? UT3 is not dead and it is still a great game. Disagree? That's fine; But why continue to smear it here where there are people who still enjoy it? If you don't like it, move on.

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, I'll change my thing then, I'll make it 40 players instead of 20 my bad I forgot the offline crowd.
              Sigh, some people are so hell bent on hating this game and determined to have it fail, it's sad

Comment

Originally posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
                I seriously laughed out loud when I read this! XD

Anyone visit the forums of games from a decade ago that either died off or were surpassed by sequels to complain that they're dead? No? (I really hope not) So why do it here? UT3 is not dead and it is still a great game. Disagree? That's fine; But why continue to smear it here where there are people who still enjoy it? If you don't like it, move on.
                Needs to be quoted

Comment

Are you serious!
                  Juts go and take a look at Fileplanet and make sure to sort by downloads or by date.
                  This is just one site hosting UT3 maps there are tons more.
                  Not to mention mods, mutators, etc.
                  Anyone thinking that UT3 is dead are just trying to make up a reason for the poor online numbers or the fact they just can't play the game.

I think the maps downloads speak for themselves, this game is far from dead.

With that in mind I reckon I'd rather see another map pack from EPIC rather then a patch!
                  And not that I really care but perhaps more servers with custom maps might help the online crowd like it did in the 2K series or even more of the Epic maps being used online as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X