X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch 2.1 Feedback thread

Finally Patch 2.1 is out, time for some impressions and feedback

balance:
    I have the feeling that some vehicles are now improved thanks to this patch.
    I wrote something about it in the patch thread:
    Is it just my imagination or did you really improve vehiclehandling of wheel based vehicles ?
    Bender, scorp and paladin seem to accelerate better then before and they behave better in curves o.O
    And did you also improve the cicada missiles ? I have the feeling that they spin less and fly faster.
    Plz give us a list of balance changes, if you really made some, because I hope so much that I don't just see things that aren't real, lol ^^
    To sum it up:
    -improved handling and acceleration for Hellbender, Scorpion and Paladin
    -Cicada missiles are improved

Note, that are my personal impressions, the vehicles feel different IMO.

things to do or still not done:
    -Some weapons have still an "aiming problem", if you don't force centered weapon fire in the utgame.ini.
    The projectiles don't hit the crosshair in its center. Shoot with a shockrifle on a wall and see how the decal is positioned a bit left or right from the center of the crosshair.

-Why is my team in botmatches always the same "race" like me (e.g. I play a robot and all my teammembers are also liandris) ???
    I would like to have a random team, so plz give us a button to control not only the opposing team, but also the own team, or even better give us the botroster of ut2k4 back.

-If you choose your bots by your own for deathmatch via botmenu, you will stick with these bots even if you cleared the botlist. E.g. I choose Reaper and Akasha for one game. But the next game I just want to use the slider to adjust the number of players. The first two bots remain Reaper and Akasha all the time, if you don't delete certain lines in the utgame.ini.

-How about letting us tweak postprocessing and so on to give the game some more vibrant colors ?

-Downtown Necris has still these big black boxes in the sky.

-Actually just a cosmetic thing, but the explosions of the missiles in Coldharbour look weird. Some strange orange flashes, instead of real explosions. It's not that important to fix, but it could really look better.

-How about a musicplayer or an option to disable dynamic music ?

-bring back the game stats display of UT2004, which shows you kills deaths and weapon accuracy and so on, it was a very cool addition.

More things to come...

All in all a succesful patch for me. Keep up the support, Epic.
    Now it's your turn, post your impressions and wishes

I've had the problem of HUD and Announcer disappearance when a map starts... only once so far

Comment

I found out that the aim center problem become quite annoying when using 3rd person mutators, it was too difficult to hit someone with shock rifle or sniper rifle. What option should I tick?

Comment

Not to burst your bubble, but it is pretty unlikely that they go about adding "undocumented fixes" to patches. If it's not in the change log, you're imagining it. I see this every patch, somebody goes "I'd swear the flak trajectory is fixed" or "is it me or did you change the accuracy of shock?" etc.

Plenty of great fixes in this patch though.

Comment

I've experienced a new bug to me.

I was on a deathmatch server, and at some point a switched weapons from an Enforcer and it ended up adding an arm with my new weapon. Then I had two arms. It looked like I was shooting out of both arms but because I died so fast I couldn't get a screen or play with it anymore. I may have even had dual enforcers and the right arm stayed and a second right arm appeared with whatever gun.

I've never experienced it before though so it might be new. If it happens again I'm hoping I will be quick enough for a screenie.

Comment

Originally posted by Irritated Skin View Post
            I've experienced a new bug to me.

I was on a deathmatch server, and at some point a switched weapons from an Enforcer and it ended up adding an arm with my new weapon. Then I had two arms. It looked like I was shooting out of both arms but because I died so fast I couldn't get a screen or play with it anymore. I may have even had dual enforcers and the right arm stayed and a second right arm appeared with whatever gun.

I've never experienced it before though so it might be new. If it happens again I'm hoping I will be quick enough for a screenie.
            Yeah i think you're talking about weapon floating.. If so then it was there since the 2.0 patch thought it was fixed.

Just switch back to the floating weapon and shoot once that should fix it or try feign death.

Comment

Has the problem been fixed with the UnrealFrontEnd not being able to cook PS3 maps that have titan content in it?

Comment

I think I managed to hoverboard walldodge on Raptor when I tried it a while ago. I didn't see this in the changelog, and right now I'm at work so I can't verify, but this one might've been fixed.

Comment

Saw the full changelist on Steam yesterday - an impressively lengthy batch of fixes and updates - plus achievements on custom maps, woo! Nice work Epic UT3 - the Gears of War team needs to take a BIG lesson from you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by joe74509 View Post
                    I found out that the aim center problem become quite annoying when using 3rd person mutators, it was too difficult to hit someone with shock rifle or sniper rifle. What option should I tick?
                    look in your UTGame.ini for this line:

bCenteredWeaponFire=False
                    and set the value to true.
                    When you use for example Linkgun primary fire, you will see why I want the aiming fixed.

Comment

Any changes made to the demo recording feature, or does client-side recordings still suffer from struttering and bugs?

Comment

Played a few minutes, and encountered a few odd things.

+During match, weapons often got stuck in fire-mode. Switching back and forth between different weapons doesn't stop it. Goes back to normal after you die.

+Crosshair dissapearing randomly. Switching weapons makes it appear again.

+Unable to pick up items. HUD indicates the pickup, but it has no effect. For example, if it's a weapon, you're not able to select it. This effect goes away when you die.

So... what's up?

Comment

I'd have to assume all of that is related to lag somehow, I get the same problems, mostly the floating enforcer bug due to my ISP being waaaaaaaay too slow all the time.

Comment

Orb can still dissapear off mini map!
                            I played Serenity Necris (Epic Warfare #2 - Engine version 3809).
                            The orb was not visible during a round.
                            After another round it was visible again.

Please check this:
                            Throwing several weapons and picking them up = System crash
                            I threw around 3 weapons and then I wanted to pick them up again.
                            Full freeze and after closing the process in task manager I got the blue screen of death.

Greets

Comment

Well it looks like the bug where you couldn't run the Editor in Dual GPU mode on a 295 GTX has been fixed. Thank heavens, now I can go back to mapping!

Nice to see the double click is gone and the mutators sticking but I would still love to see a spectate button for instant action.

Thanks for the patch EPIC. Much appreciate the time you people spend on making this game even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X