No announcement yet.

Events..? (ps3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when did clans enter into this anyway? any team games should have Random Teams to make it "fair"

Comment

Originally posted by Fudo Myo-o View Post
      Fudo takes Everything literally so please choose your words carefully..
      RoadKillGrill likes talking in the third person too.

RoadKillGrill hungry, must feed......

Comment

lol nice! Fudo understands, i do it in tribute to a character/patient known as "Dibs"
        but anyways.. where are the Liandra corp when you need them,(?) they'd understand the need for a tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Fudo Myo-o View Post
          when did clans enter into this anyway? any team games should have Random Teams to make it "fair"
          "Fair" doesn't cut it for competitions.

Teams that have entered (by clantag, as they're all clans afaik):
          League 1:

Devil
          dN
          Heavenly
          SRC
          T-H-E
          tRi

League 2:

AK-47
          A-R
          Fn A
          iAM
          ICN
          MEGA
          Sw

Drokun thinks signups don't close till the 15th though, so if you get a team of at least 5ppl Drokun thinks you can still join. Roster lock is probably 25th, so one can join a team until then if one likes.

Comment

Fudo say: no Drokun you know i'm only interested in 1 team game at the moment.. & not some clan war, but still i guess these ladders are enjoyable for some.. fair is always a challenge, but if it's a choice between "fairness" & what people prefer i'd vote random teams all the way..

Comment

I know many people think duel is the best way to see a person's true skill but I'm not a fan either. Mainly because I suck but many games I play are just a case of running around getting all the armour and health then rocket launchering each other until one loses. I'm not saying all duels are like that before anyone jumps in, I personally don't enjoy duelling and that's just my view.
              I'm in the league Drokun mentioned already but any potential non-clan league would be great!
              What are ladder matches btw?

Comment

ladders, i think, are like a league table.. except people join the ladder at the bottom & challenge their way up.. rather than designated matches as far as i know.

Comment

http://www.fraggednation.com/ NA Community for PC has there ladders there, PS3 could just make their own ladders as well. Least keep it all together .

Comment

If Fudo is not talking about a competitive ladder, might one suggest Fudo try organizing something less... competitive, one might say. Perhaps one might humbly suggesst a custom map party, but one must consider the hosting aspect. One might say, Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                      If Fudo is not talking about a competitive ladder, might one suggest Fudo try organizing something less... competitive, one might say. Perhaps one might humbly suggesst a custom map party, but one must consider the hosting aspect. One might say, Cheers!
                      I've got like 25 custom maps workin on my dedicated server atm
                      It's US locaetd in Atlanta hosted by MidnightGaming.

Comment

Originally posted by hypno View Post
                        There aren't tournaments either for PS3 either for PC, which is a shame, in all Unreal Tournament series we had a quite active community and we had events once in a while, UT3 after 5months or so of the release stopped having events. As I said before Epic should support this and they could have launched a tournament along side the titan pack, would be great for promotional stuff and would make the competitive scene very happy. Maybe in 2010 or 2011 when QuakeLive fully releases they'll open their eyes and see that the competitive community is bigger than what they thought. Currently QuakeLive has thousands and thousands of players in a supposed so "competitive environment" UT3 has less than a thousand with casual and what some people call "pro". Even tho that there's not right anymore, there are no pro UT3 players cuz basically there's no tournaments and therefore no competition It's sad tho.
                        thats the **** truth ut3 has no type of competitive scene at all as far as multi clans (and to drokun yes i understand tri... but...tri isnt the entire community) qM/uP challenged everyone over and over and every clan said "some clans play to have fun" tri was the only clan that didnt say that thats a reason why uP split up because tri is the only clan no one wanted to challenge us because what lets see we are the best duelers we are the best fraggers no one wanted to lose yes tri did accept but by that time phantaci just said f*** it as far as quakelive yes it does rule and that has such a better competitive scene then here i find myself playing that more then ut3 itself at times the only reason i still play ut3 is for those few duelers i would consider my online friends who i can just chat with on the mic and just bust everyones balls

Originally posted by Jake99 View Post
                        I know many people think duel is the best way to see a person's true skill but I'm not a fan either. Mainly because I suck but many games I play are just a case of running around getting all the armour and health then rocket launchering each other until one loses. I'm not saying all duels are like that before anyone jumps in, I personally don't enjoy duelling and that's just my view.
                        I'm in the league Drokun mentioned already but any potential non-clan league would be great!
                        What are ladder matches btw?
                        Duel shows who can handle themselves better in a fire fight whos the one gunna end up coming out of the battle alive if one person has the flag and the other is chasing (ex lol) or if that person who plays duel plays multi modes if they play warfare and are good at it whos gunna be the better orb carrier whos gunna walk in the node area kill everyone who spawns and take it over easier it shows who can dodge better who can predict the players movements better

Comment

i'm currently not trying to organise anything.. i think this thread has already died & there seems little point suggesting a tournament let alone organising one..
                          to ReverendCrow i really don't think duel proves all that, if anything, but each to their own..
                          to Drokun, why on earth would i want to join a pure duel server in US? a minimum of 100ping plus you still haven't played me..
                          epic? please close or rescue this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                            i did for Funkills.. like Drokun's server but more maps, more mods, less ping & no map control normally DM though..
                            btw stereotyped language is not something i "put on" etc, you're welcome to join in but i'd rather it not be made light of..

Comment

trust me since u dont play duel u dont know what duel can teach u in this game if i see u in a DM more then likely im going to come out ontop more then u its not just spray and pray like a FFA is anyone can shoot someone else in the back when they are shooting someone else ive dueled these so called top DM players and they have all been killed clean i havent lost a DM since god knows when trust me ull learn alot from a 1v1 fight

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
                                trust me since u dont play duel u dont know what duel can teach u in this game if i see u in a DM more then likely im going to come out ontop more then u its not just spray and pray like a FFA is anyone can shoot someone else in the back when they are shooting someone else ive dueled these so called top DM players and they have all been killed clean i havent lost a DM since god knows when trust me ull learn alot from a 1v1 fight
                                that sounds like fighting talk to me lol please save taunts for PSN..

Comment

Working...
                                X