Events..? (ps3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events..? (ps3)

bit of a general request this.. but can we (ut3 players) get some kind of event going on? maybe even an Unreal Tournament? unfortunately i'm only on Ps3 but PC gamers should get together too.. it must be easier on PC tho so go & get on with it
    Ps3 players.. what say you? & any ideas as to the event or whatever it might become?

fudo

its been tried way too many times go sign up for iamgaming.com like i said its been tried too many times and to be honest its because the community is *** (even though everyone who plays disagrees) honestly the community is garbage they alwys have excuses on why they cant play so nothing has ever gone through plus it sucks for us players who prefer foot modes because most of the community is vehicle players that nly play vehicle modes (hence vehicle players) and they only play within themselves or they only play people they know they can beat most wont step out of vehicle modes so as far as a tournament.. that was just shot down the drain not trying to be a **** but thats the honest to god truth thats why i stick to duels

Comment

We used to have a lot of fun on the custom vctf thread... maps and times were posted ahead of time. You know, if you dont hate vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
        its been tried way too many times go sign up for iamgaming.com like i said its been tried too many times and to be honest its because the community is *** (even though everyone who plays disagrees) honestly the community is garbage they alwys have excuses on why they cant play so nothing has ever gone through plus it sucks for us players who prefer foot modes because most of the community is vehicle players that nly play vehicle modes (hence vehicle players) and they only play within themselves or they only play people they know they can beat most wont step out of vehicle modes so as far as a tournament.. that was just shot down the drain not trying to be a **** but thats the honest to god truth thats why i stick to duels
        well that's one player excused
        yes many players stick to games they know they can win.. anything where collecting armour warrants rewards etc..
        a Tournament is possible, perhaps not probable, but if supported by enough dedicated people it could easily become a reality..
        we have the excellent MSUC for the more experienced UT modders, sure $1,000,000 PS3 tourny is not likely but a few tournaments to win the respect of the community seems like a good way for Ps3 players to maybe be accepted into the community.. not on iamgaming.com etc but of the ps3 players here, as this seems the most central & official Unreal site..
        if you want to play only duel then that's fine but unless it's pistols at 10 paces it's no Duel & this hypothetical Event still lives on..

Comment

i don't hate vehicles but i'm not a fan really.. i've been run down too many times but if there's something going on i'll play almost anything. the games are still roughly balanced just some people don't play nice at all..
          maybe Epic could support this brilliant/crazy idea? no money needed just say "it Rocks" or something..

Comment

its not one player excused at all i would love to play and i have tried to participate in all the tournaments they have been attempted btu all have failed miserably because simpley the community is garbage everyone that u mainly see posting on this site (ps3 players) well alot of them are on iamgaming everyone will tell u yes its a great idea..btu thats it just an idea everyone has an excuse not to play we tried a TDM tourny a while back with killingspree hosting everything but what happened more then half of the teams didnt show the leaders abandoned their teams why because they were afraid to lose because they knew they didnt stand a chance a newishly formed team started up with alot of the best players in foot modes and guess what... alot of people didnt show... he got pist and cancelled it because of the lame asses trust me the community u see here is not the majority of the ps3 community its all on iamgaming yes this is the official epic forum but iamgaming is where the ps3 is all at

Comment

sounds like maybe the ps3 community is too isolated.. that said i don't want to join iamgaming.com so maybe it's my fault..
              if you're not excusing yourself & you'd love to play then you're welcome.
              i don't see how posting that the ps3 community is garbage will help the prospect of a tournament however & if you truly feel that way i would ask why you play online at all? if not to simply play something you know you can win, as you put it.. anyways no offence

Comment

why because i have kept myself to a duel for a while now and have met soem decent players i get online roughly the same time they do (because of my life schedule) so these few people have been fun to play with but 5ish people dont make a comunity

Comment

i find most duelists like nothing more than to shoot me in the back, not exactly what i'd call "decent" but hey.
                  well if you want to take part in a tournament, with as many people as is feasible then that is good.. one player "for" the tournament
                  I get the impression you don't want to though, if so why condemn the idea?

Comment

im not a big fan of duel. it's mainly get the shield belt, then dont die. i prefer warfar/greed/vctf/ and DM. DM because if u got like 16 ppl in biohazard or sumtin, that's when the fun starts. plus, iv'e grown quite accustom to whiping the view on a PS3 controller to rocket/ snipe dat guy behind me. ^__^ meaning i beat u all. -__-

Comment

Originally posted by doominator10 View Post
                      im not a big fan of duel. it's mainly get the shield belt, then dont die. i prefer warfar/greed/vctf/ and DM. DM because if u got like 16 ppl in biohazard or sumtin, that's when the fun starts. plus, iv'e grown quite accustom to whiping the view on a PS3 controller to rocket/ snipe dat guy behind me. ^__^ meaning i beat u all. -__-
                      so you want to participate in a potential tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Fudo Myo-o View Post
                        i find most duelists like nothing more than to shoot me in the back, not exactly what i'd call "decent" but hey.
                        well if you want to take part in a tournament, with as many people as is feasible then that is good.. one player "for" the tournament
                        I get the impression you don't want to though, if so why condemn the idea?

dueling is not "shootting" people in the back its listening to predicting where the person is going to be then go attack knowing the map taking map control its not like a deathmatch where none of that matters and the first person whos in front of u u shoot at duel takes skill while DM takes almost nothing trust me the best fraggers in this game im friends with and they pretty much duel these guys are the winners of every DM CTf game VCTF (they dont play warfare) i would love to play dont get me wrong but im telling u now from multiple past experiance its not going to work no matter what we on iamgaming just got done trying a ctf tournament type thing and guess what..they failed like everything else thats happened u really need to sign up for iamgaming so u can know whats going on in the ut3 community bro im not trying to "condemn" the idea at all more then half of the community knows me and they all know what i talking about ...u got those few people thats like YEAH LETS DO THIS...but then...epic fail when those retards dont even show up on the date its supposed to happen (not naming anyone) but on that killingspree tournament we were supposed to have certain clan was like yeah we're gunna blah blah blah this and that guess what the retarded *** leader didnt bother showing because he knew his clan wasnt going to stand a chance most of the community is vehicle players.... so if ur going to have a nothing but vehicle tournament then it might be possible but when it comes to foot modes or vehicle+foot modes...then ur out of luck if u got a mic or u can add me we can talk about this on psn ull soon seen the truth about how ps3 community=epic fail we prolly have more people playin ps3 then pc but garauntee the community on pc have a tighter connection then we do on ps3

oh and those "decent" players arent really decent at all dont take that word literally they are more then decent they are hella good they are either my skill level or a bit higher making them worthy opponents in any mode im not trying to shoot ur idea down ... its just the truth ive been playin this since release date ive seen everything ive seen all the failures that the ps3 community has brought i do wish we would have a tournament i do wish people would compete but heres the excuse vehicle clans give to foot clans "some people just play to have fun" ...see <<< that excuse was given to me by more then 1 clan and these clans are supposed to be the best at their modes.... its sad no one wants to play multiple modes when some clans are willing to do it all others will only play theirs and not play the rest...

Comment

On iAMgaming.com there's going to be a league held with about 16 teams.
                          It's all gamemodes (incl. Greed) without mutators and should be fun.

Also, a friend of mine is working on a site where you'll be able to play ladder matches for free, I'm going to try to get people signed up there.

Originally posted by doominator10 View Post
                          There's quite a bit more to it to become a good dueller.
                          edit: lol I guess you could see the post above for that.

Originally posted by ReverendCrow
                          because most of the community is vehicle players that nly play vehicle modes (hence vehicle players) and they only play within themselves or they only play people they know they can beat most wont step out of vehicle modes so as far as a tournament..
                          Actually, tRi gets clanwars weekly, and we're a footmode clan just playing all modes.

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
                          we tried a TDM tourny a while back with killingspree hosting everything but what happened more then half of the teams didnt show the leaders abandoned their teams why because they were afraid to lose because they knew they didnt stand a chance a newishly formed team started up with alot of the best players in foot modes and guess what.
                          In Killingspree's multi-mode tourny there literally were 4 teams from the 10+ who signed up.
                          1 team had a valid excuse for not being there I believe.

Comment

There aren't tournaments either for PS3 either for PC, which is a shame, in all Unreal Tournament series we had a quite active community and we had events once in a while, UT3 after 5months or so of the release stopped having events. As I said before Epic should support this and they could have launched a tournament along side the titan pack, would be great for promotional stuff and would make the competitive scene very happy. Maybe in 2010 or 2011 when QuakeLive fully releases they'll open their eyes and see that the competitive community is bigger than what they thought. Currently QuakeLive has thousands and thousands of players in a supposed so "competitive environment" UT3 has less than a thousand with casual and what some people call "pro". Even tho that there's not right anymore, there are no pro UT3 players cuz basically there's no tournaments and therefore no competition It's sad tho.

Comment

i hear a lot about "map control" etc lol i don't "believe" in it.. if someone wants to fight me they can, if someone wants to collect armour & health, running away trying to trick me everytime i try to attack they can play instant action.. i feel people confuse "decent" & "good" with "human" &"cowardly" far too often.. but that's me.
                              i have played since launch & not once had an honourable duel.. came close with Drokun tho
                              DM gives many players the chance to fight at once & since it is the only FFA mode i think it definitely has a place..
                              anyways it seems this thread has become an irrelevant debate about the "Duel" game mode..
                              as for taking decent literally, Fudo takes Everything literally so please choose your words carefully..

Comment

Working...
                              X