No announcement yet.

What mouse should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately you can't get MX500 at this time, that would be more than enough. Nowadays mouses are way too over rated and it's all about marketing, afterall you only need 400dpi. Get a Logitech MX518, a Razer Deathadder or a Microsoft 1.1a bulk which woulde be quite cheap atm, there's a re-made version of Microsoft 3.0 aswell that is quite good aswell

Comment

Another +1 for the Logitech MX518. It does everything I need it to and it doesn't cost a bomb

Comment

I've got an Ideazon Reaper that I purchased off of Amazon for $16. It's pretty nice for the price: 1600 DPI, 3 resolutions, 3 extra buttons*, and a good shape. The only complaint I would have is that the 3 additional buttons are all keys, like home and end, and not additional mouse button binds. All in all, it was a good purchase.

Comment

Logitech MX518, everything I've got to say in this topic :P

Comment

After every mouse I have tried, I have always gone back to my MX518. I preferred the DeathAdder's shape, but I feel like I have more precision with my 518, and I'm quite accustomed to having all but one of my weapon binds on my mouse.

If you don't mind having one less button you should look into the G5. I haven't tried it, but it's essentially a 518 with laser optics instead of infrared. As a result it has higher dpi, but is more sensitive to distance (stops tracking sooner when the mouse is raised off the mousepad.)

As hypno said, the minor differences in dpi are negligible at such high resolutions anyhow.

Comment

the g5 coast about $45(coast me $90 when i got it) you can get it at tigerdirect.com

Comment

I have an mx518 and g9, both great.See if you can invest for a decent mousepad too(steelpad , razer , soft or hard surface). Check whatever you buy 1st if you can and google all the mouses etc for reviews(some reviews also in youtube).

Comment

i say get this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Comment

I'm going with Gargorias and gonna say Microsoft Sidewinder FTW

Comment

If you are going for a gaming mouse, there is only ONE brand you should be considering and that's Razer.

I have used the G5, G7, G9, MX1000, MX Revolution, Razer Diamondback, Razer Boomslang and now I am on the Razer DeathAdder.

Next up is the Mamba - a sort of super DeathAdder.

Razer are hands down the better performer in driver performance, hardware performance and build quality.

THE only other mouse I would maybe choose is the G9 due to the lack of bloat the horrid G5/7 & disgraceful MX518 - bleh what a horrendous mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by 5yzygy View Post
                        If you are going for a gaming mouse, there is only ONE brand you should be considering and that's Razer.

I have used the G5, G7, G9, MX1000, MX Revolution, Razer Diamondback, Razer Boomslang and now I am on the Razer DeathAdder.

Razer are hands down the better performer in driver performance, hardware performance and build quality.

THE only other mouse I would maybe choose is the G9 due to the lack of bloat the horrid G5/7 & disgraceful MX518 - bleh what a horrendous mouse.
                        rofl think you have enough mice?

Comment

A lot of people would disagree with you on that. I for one have found Razer's build quality to be below that of Logitech on multiple occasions.

Comment

I was swayed towards buying a Razer, but as their customer service refused to answer my questions regarding PS3 compatibility I got an MX518 in the end [for half the price of the Razer I was looking at].

...the shape was very different from the last gaming mouse I used, which was some **** generic one, but after about a month I was ok with it. Your hand will adjust to the shape, the 518 fits my hand perfectly now. Also be aware that the 518 is a right handed mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                              rofl think you have enough mice?
                              Haha, did have!

Just the one now. ^^

Originally posted by ffrr View Post
                              Also be aware that the 518 is a right handed mouse.
                              Very valiant point!

I'm trying to think of a few lefty mice actually.

Comment

What a joke. I've had half a dozen Razer's break or falter on me and they almost always have firmware issues, (Mamba, Lachesis, DeathAdder, DB 3G, Habu - all did or still do). The Mamba even has a manufacturing defect where the sensor can get disturbed by the bottom of the mouse and they have to send out O-ring's to remedy the jitter. Even the best gaming mice still have manufacturing issues, it goes for all brands. I also had two 518's break because of the cord. But so far my MS 3.0 and WMO have held up flawlessly except the left click on the 3.0. It's really about what feels most comfortable holding suitable to your aiming style.

Comment

Working...
                                X