grass and rain problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grass and rain problem

I was just on this rain test map for unreal tournaments and i noticed that if you look up there is always a space obove you? This is the same as grass, if you look strait down at it u can tell its 2d strips. jw if this is the only way to do it or if theres better looking ways.thanxs

Yeah, this is a huge issue that'll definitely be fixed in the next patch... >..>

(lawl)

Comment

i dont see these issues,but then i have a radeon video card

Comment

if its an epic made map there is usually no problems

Comment

Originally posted by dyldrumsrock View Post
          I was just on this rain test map for unreal tournaments and i noticed that if you look up there is always a space obove you? This is the same as grass, if you look strait down at it u can tell its 2d strips. jw if this is the only way to do it or if theres better looking ways.thanxs
          Foliage is always faked with textures on a plane. The more planes you have, the better the fake is, but there's a cost to performance. The grass was done in such a way that it's cheap (low hit to performance) and looks good from the side. Since they're vertical planes, they will not look right from above.

Rain is done using interlocking vertical planes not unlike a large game of tic-tac-toe. Again, this is a cheap way to create rain that looks decent. Sure, they could have done it differently, but creating maps is a balancing act between what looks the best and what performs the best. Usually there's a happy medium somewhere in the middle. It's UT anyway, you shouldn't be looking straight up or down.

Comment

Working...
          X