The hunt for content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hunt for content

I just got into the mood of installing UT3 again, checked the official files for UT3 on BU sorted by date and was shocked to see several half gig files etc along with 2 BPs and patches.

What should I get, in what order should I install them? do I need the first patch and bonus pack to install the 2.0 patch and titanpack? Is the make something unreal contest content any good?

Also a bit odd that there doesn't seem to be much hype about all this free content, would be nice if UT3 itself highlighted content like this and let you download it either by opening your browser or directly.

Holy smokes. Was wondering where you disappeared to.

Well UT3 has "gone Steam" lately, so that system takes care of hyping and automating it. If you download steam and add your cd key, it will download the game and all the patches. If you don't feel like waiting for that, just download patch 2.0 and titan pack, you don't need any previous..

2.1 is coming out soon also with some good fixes.

You also might want to check out my video guides to the new modes.

Comment

Does steam highlight all the user created content like CBP etc also? I've never been a fan of steam.

I don't play that many games currently, had a fling with MMOs and RPGs a while ago but my gaming preferences seems to come and go in waves, MMO/RPG/Adventure, Space-/flight sims/racing games, FPS etc. I'm back to FPS atm.

Telia was kind enough to think I no longer wanted any DSL when I switched to them as my phone provider, been without it for 2 weeks now, 20+ fun calls starting with multiple choice menus, your ID# and phone# and 3 techs later they finally found the issue, I wasn't connected to the base station, and the hardware in the base station was fried, sitting on a 3G dongle... 120KB/s max... yay...

The new modes sound odd, but I'll check out the videos

Comment

Yeah Telia is **** alright but that's another story....

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
          Yeah Telia is **** alright but that's another story....
          Can't quite figure how 2 other techs failed to notice that;

A: We were not connected to the station.

B: The station was FRIED.

Comment

yeah im going to have the same problem when i get UT3 back

Comment

Since it seems to be the night for old threads to be resurrected.... patch is out! All you Lazarus types, and everyone else too... Cheers!(<-Stolen from Tolstoy) Waaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!(<-All mine)

Comment

Working...
              X