Spider mines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider mines

Can you tell me how the spider mines weapon work, or where to find information about it? I've noticed you can only use it once, not like the old weapon in UT2004, which was 100 times better, as you can shoot mines one by one and you could guide them. Also, now, this weapon seems to be very rare to find. I don't know why, but the old weapon on Ut2004 was just like any other weapon. This new version seems to appear only in some maps or something...

Nowadays you drop a little pod that contains spid0rs instead of spamming them one by one. They are either pickups spawning like once/1.5m or they can be dropped by the StealthBend0r/Nightshade. You can still use the alt fire of the avril to guide them.

Comment

Yes, spider mines are rare and are only available through deployables.
      There aren't many (official) maps where you can find spider mines.
      As demoniac said, you can still guide them.
      However, most players drop them on specific areas (near nodes or near core attack places) and let them do their work and just become happy after any kills^^

Originally posted by demoniac
      They are either pickups spawning like once/1.5m or they can be dropped by the StealthBend0r/Nightshade.
      Sorry mate, but I don't accept this.
      Eith0r or nev0r

( )

Greets

Comment

im embarassed to ask, considering how much Vctf i play ... what whats the best way to get rid of them?

I always thought it was the hard way ... or have them chase you till they hit an object/wall ... some people try to shoot them ... does that even work?

Comment

Spider mines were the lamest thing in UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper1 View Post
            im embarassed to ask, considering how much Vctf i play ... what whats the best way to get rid of them?

I always thought it was the hard way ... or have them chase you till they hit an object/wall ... some people try to shoot them ... does that even work?
            It is possible to destroy Spider Mines by shooting them, though only with anything that has a good blast radius - Flak shells, rockets, Shock Combos, that sort of thing. They just scurry and leap around too bloody much for the instant-hit weapons to be of any use against them.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper1 View Post
              Aargh, annoing Spider mines. I'm happy to help.
              If there is enought space (like Necropolis spawn area) I lure them out one by one and use Link secondary because they just run strait at me.
              If nest is flood node room (in Floodgate) I jump on top of it, and drop Flak secondary on the floor. Spiders dont mind height differences and they come out even if they cant hit you.

Comment

By the way, have you noticed that these new weapons aren't listed for in the weapon replacement list (mutator). I'd like to be able to change them with different weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by jiiihaad View Post
                  Aargh, annoing Spider mines. I'm happy to help.
                  If there is enought space (like Necropolis spawn area) I lure them out one by one and use Link secondary because they just run strait at me.
                  If nest is flood node room (in Floodgate) I jump on top of it, and drop Flak secondary on the floor. Spiders dont mind height differences and they come out even if they cant hit you.
                  Aha! So on sand storm for example you can stand on the avril tower shoot them w rockets.

I usually lure them into the avril tower jump on the lift and they explode on the wall.

Comment

I will now share with you my patented 100% guaranteed technique that I use regularly to destroy spider-mines.
                    *ahem*
                    I simply run straight at the trap shooting like crazy, get killed and repeat until the trap disappears. I swear it gets the guy who put the trap down so ****** that he accidentally types in 'Lol n00b!' when he actually meant to insult my mother.

Comment

It's best that there aren't too many of them too often. It would get too spammy. If you want old school, check out the Gods of Warfare ONS 2.0 server, has the mine layer gun. Unlike the newer version, when you die the mines vanish. Keeps things more balanced.

Comment

Oh dear lord guys this is extremely simple:

-If a spider mine is chasing you (UT gives you an audible so you can tell), simply spam flak balls at your feet. The flak ball sucks for pretty much everything else EXCEPT this, it is VERY effective. I just run backwards shooting flak balls until that scratching sound is gone.

-While you can't "destroy" a spider mine trap, you can absolutely deplete it. Stand out of its trigger range and shoot at it. Shooting rockets or flak balls causes the spider to come out and detonate. Just stand out of range and shoot away. It takes about 10-15 seconds of non stop firing.

That being said, this is THE lamest feature of UT. It is the single most skill-less kill in the entire game, bar none. Trap should be given health, and be destroyable in a few rocket shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
                          By the way, have you noticed that these new weapons aren't listed for in the weapon replacement list (mutator). I'd like to be able to change them with different weapons.
                          They are a deployable, not a weapon, so it wouldn't make sense to have it in the weapon replacement list.

The easiest way to get rid of them is by shooting the spiders themselves from a safe distance.

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                          It's best that there aren't too many of them too often. It would get too spammy. If you want old school, check out the Gods of Warfare ONS 2.0 server, has the mine layer gun. Unlike the newer version, when you die the mines vanish. Keeps things more balanced.
                          +1 - love it...

Comment

Originally posted by Superking17 View Post
                            I will now share with you my patented 100% guaranteed technique that I use regularly to destroy spider-mines.
                            *ahem*
                            I simply run straight at the trap shooting like crazy, get killed and repeat until the trap disappears. I swear it gets the guy who put the trap down so ****** that he accidentally types in 'Lol n00b!' when he actually meant to insult my mother.
                            I have a better one, bypass them.

Comment

Yeah or just jump, get on the hoverboard and move a bit.
                              Then get off and shoot at them with flak or other suitable weapons.
                              I rarely get killed by spider mines.
                              Ok, if they surprise me, I can die quickly as well^^

Greets

Comment

Working...
                              X