• Show
Clear All

• replied
    like too see some day
    that i kill some ps3 player when i play at pc
    it will make ut3 bigger for sure

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, now you have an inkling of what the "discussion and complaining" that I referred to was about. My speculation as to why (since I don't have a console and have no clue how they work) is that the combination of the code differences, and licensing differences, between the PS3 and the Xbox contribute to making the implementation of crossplatform play more trouble than it is worth.

In order for PC people and PS3 people to be able to play with Xbox people Micro$oft would have to, in some way, open up Xbox Live (or something like that) and, of course, M$ would think that we (PC/PS3 people) should pay them (M$) for this privilege. This PC person, for one, would feel it necessary to give them explicit instructions on committing "unnatural acts" with rolling doughnuts before refusing to pay such fees...in fact, I'd want to bill them for the aforementioned tutoring. (Remember: "Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach." ...and I'd be the one teaching.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Somnambulist View Post
    As much fun as it would be, the PC gamers would run circles around the console players.
    Considering that they have KB/M, I don't get your point. At most you could say that they cann't compete with people that have uber rigs, because the hardware may not better than a 3 years old PC, they couldn't connect some kinds of mice and so on. About running circles, here's the PS1 futuristic FPS that I was playing before UT99: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7sW54dEbQY

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Somnambulist: It seems like u've never played on console with gamepad. The main issue is aiming precision. Turning speed really isn't the problem, unless you're a noob who just got his hands on the gamepad that needs to have his sensitivity on 5

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As much fun as it would be, the PC gamers would run circles around the console players.

Console player: Whoah he just ran past me, ok, turn a bit left, oops too far, bit more, hah got you now! Oh! I died 2 minutes ago

PC player: lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion and complaining about the fact that crossplatform play is not possible.
    I find it hard to believe the makers of this game, the same people who said cross platform is possible ( they just didn't want to add it at the time ) could not figure out their own code to make this game cross platform... You have a screw loose or something??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The PS3 version is 20% slower, but this shouldbt a huge issue because there are mutators out there to up the speed. Apparently the netcode is slightly different which could be more of an issue, basically i think its very much possible, but perhaps not practical

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not sure if it's true, but I read somewhere that the PS3 version is a bit slower than the PC version

Leave a comment:

• replied
    too many differences in the game<<<everyone elses arguement but i think its possible its not that we cant compete because we can but its kinda hard to compete when our KB/M support is complete ***

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why is it that the two are not mixed, that doesn't make sense to me is it because ps3 players wouldn't be able to compete with pc players?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You're welcome. There has been a lot of discussion and complaining about the fact that crossplatform play is not possible. What it all comes down to is: don't expect to be able to do it with UT3 at any time in the foreseeable future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
    They are separate.
    thx for the headsup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They are separate.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic are ps3 and pc servers tied together?

are ps3 and pc servers tied together?

just wondering if my wife was playing on her pc and i was playing on the ps3 would she see the same servers as i do? or are there seperate servers?
Working...
X