No music but for the menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No music but for the menus

I've thought I could delete the files that have the music for the maps but keep the files with music for the menus. Would this work? Is there another easier way to play without music but still have music in the menus? What files should I delete?

well the music files themselves are located in (steam/integrated copy) C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Sounds. that file also has the weapon and vehicle sounds so i wouldnt just delete the whole thing. having just the menu music play and not the ingame music because those music files are deleted sounds like it would work. i say try it out. it would either work, remake those files (like if you delete an ini ut will pop up with a window something like the configuration files have been moved or deleted. do you want to remake the files in default? and it will fix the problem), or possibly cause something to crash (though i really dont see that happening, it is a possibility). id say the worst case scenario is just having to reinstall.

i am also interested in seeing if this is possible. but i would also want to be able to have all the music ready to play if i feel like it.

on a somewhat side note. i may just be doing it wrong but it is possible to modify the steam version ini for having green crosshairs. i put in the code i think just like i had done it for the retail and it worked on retail but it hasnt really worked on my steam integrated copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
      I've thought I could delete the files that have the music for the maps but keep the files with music for the menus. Would this work? Is there another easier way to play without music but still have music in the menus? What files should I delete?
      If you delete files from the instalation, your game will crash and burn...

Theres no way to disable music unless disabling the volume in the settings.

Comment

No dynamic ingame music... lucky you.

Comment

Working...
        X