Questions about UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about UT3

Well I am thinking about buying this but I need a few questions answered.

1. How many maps come with the game?
    2. Are the bots smart?
    3. Why do people like UT99 more than this?

1. 60 I think, plus alot of community made ones.
    2. Artificial intelligence , they can 'hear' your footsteps and stuff like that, then react slowly/quickly/not at all depending on settings/situation, they can be pretty tough opponents at the right skill levels, it takes some experimenting in team games to get used to playing with them.
    3. The last UT I played was UT 99, and this game's a great improvement on that, so I'm not sure. Maybe their computers can't handle it, or a particular functionality that they were addicted to is missing.

Comment

holy poop 60 maps?

Comment

Yeah, alot of DM/TDM, CTF and Warfare maps, not quite as many VCTF.
        (In the 60, I'm including the one's added via the latest epic bonus packs/patches)

Comment

thereare more maps than you need basically the bots range from easy to too hard (Godlike)
          it is a good game don't know how it compares to 99.

Comment

3. Because the original Unreal Tournament was the best. Nothing will ever compare for a lot of people. There's lots of reason why people will choose a ten year old game over its sequel. One of the biggest is probably just nostalgia.
            UT3 had tons of potential, but considering it was so rushed, it didn't have even half the features the 10 year old game has. That was more than enough to cause a disturbance in the force. UT3 also had a really bad launch and practically no advertising, so that didn't help either.
            I still have UT sitting on my hard drive. I rarely ever touch it anymore though. I ditched UT2004 the moment I had the UT3 demo on my hard drive and don't miss it. UT3 and L4D are the only games I really ever play anymore. I think I probably mess with the UT3 editor a bit more then I play the game itself though heh.

Comment

regardless, it's soo cheap and has soo much content that it seriously isn't a BAD investment.

Comment

UT2004 wasnt bad & it is still buzzing

users are still making maps for it even thou 5 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                  That was more than enough to cause a disturbance in the force.
                  Lol. As if a great many voices cried out at once, and were silenced.

Comment

3. Because the original Unreal Tournament was the best.
                    Originally posted by Wikipedia View Post
                    An opinion is a belief that may or may not be backed up with evidence, but which cannot be proved with that evidence. An opinion is neither right nor wrong. It is normally a subjective statement and may be the result of an emotion or an interpretation of facts; people may draw opposing opinions from the same facts.
                    :3 pew pew pew Lazur Beans

Comment

just buy it,its a very good game and worth every penny and then some

Comment

This game has very few maps. And barely any server have a lot of custom maps so if you are okay with serves having 1 to max 25 maps in a gamemode then this game is okay.
                        When i played ut2003 and 2004 we had over a 100 maps per gamemode and 2-3 gamemodes on 1 server which could be 300 maps to choose from.

but after you have played ut3 for 1.5 years and some servers still only have the maps that we got 1.5 years ago you start to think about going back to old ut games...

Comment

3. Because the original Unreal Tournament was the best. Nothing will ever compare for a lot of people. There's lots of reason why people will choose a ten year old game over its sequel. One of the biggest is probably just nostalgia.
                          UT3 had tons of potential, but considering it was so rushed, it didn't have even half the features the 10 year old game has. That was more than enough to cause a disturbance in the force. UT3 also had a really bad launch and practically no advertising, so that didn't help either.
                          I still have UT sitting on my hard drive. I rarely ever touch it anymore though.
                          +1 Couldn't of said it better myself.

Comment

It's worth every penny - but imo UT2004 is far far better gameplay.

Comment

I have been playing the Unreal games since the original Unreal and have purchased each of the new games on the days that they were available on the store shelves. The original Unreal is the only one that I have "gone back to" after a new game was released. Even then, when I "went back" to Unreal it was as a diversion and because friends asked me to join them. I did not go back to Unreal instead of playing the current game.

The original UT (UT99) was NOT the "best." It certainly was the best at the time, but whereas Unreal was able to occasionally entice me away from UT99, UT99 did not entice me back from UT2003.

UT2003 (UT2K3) was bad...in retrospect after experiencing UT2004 (UT2K4)...and even before UT2K4 came out I found plenty to complain about with 2K3. However, when UT99 came out, we complained aplenty about it too, likewise 2K4 and now UT3.

I'll save you the trouble of reading the hundreds of complaint threads about UT3: 1) "everybody" hates the fact that dodge jumping was removed from UT3 and 2) "everybody" loves the fact that UT3 returned to its UT99 roots by removing dodge jumping. I don't need to go any further than this. You now know why "UT99 was the best" and why "there is no reason to play UT99 anymore." Everyone is, has, and always will, complain that their pet feature has gotten a short shift in the new game. The only things that should EVER be changed in a game are the things I don't like...the fact that an insignificant entity, such as you, does like these things is immaterial and irrelevant. Similarly, of course, if you don't like something, and I do, it is inconceivable that changing it would ever be considered by anyone, including yourself.

Get UT3. It's a great game. Does it have its problems? Yes. Are there things I think that need to be changed and other things that need to be improved? Yes. Does this alter the fact that it is a great game? No. Get it.

Regarding maps: Our clan server has the following:
                              CTF/Greed: 31 votable, 13 in the rotation
                              DM/TDM/Duel/Betrayal: 70 votable, 48 in the rotation
                              WAR: 33 votable, 27 in the rotation (distinct maps, not counting link variations)
                              vCTF: 9 votable, 9 in the rotation

Of course many of these are user made maps. Nonetheless, there plenty of maps, even though we only have 143 available to us. Naturally, there are people who would complain that our server doesn't offer DM-Deck exclusively 24/7 and it is possible for other people to vote to play some map other than Deck, or, for that matter, some game-type other than deathmatch. After all, in the 11 years since Deck was introduced in Unreal, they have never played any other map (and deathmatch is the only 'pure' gametype) so why should they start now?

Comment

Working...
                              X