War maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War maps

y aren't there any war maps that are like in a haunted house of mutlilevel maps??? now that i look at the maps i see that they all are flat on the ground and are all similar. wouldn't it be cool to have a war map with cramped hallways and nodes on different levels of the area and scavengers rolling down those cramped hallways crushing people? just a thought.

nah not really wont be even

when their flat it is more even

Comment

Even != fun

Look at Island0r... It's imbalanced to the point of pointlessness, but for some reason that map is so much fun each time. Maybe cuz you don't have to worry about winning, you can focus on trying to GTA vehicles, map is set up for shock dominance etc.

Comment

i think someone mad War-Simpsons or something.. was a "little people" (huge like Flatwars etc) map by the looks of it..
        i think some drastically different Warfare maps would be cool..

Comment

Originally posted by cdiddy View Post
          y aren't there any war maps that are like in a haunted house of mutlilevel maps??? now that i look at the maps i see that they all are flat on the ground and are all similar. wouldn't it be cool to have a war map with cramped hallways and nodes on different levels of the area and scavengers rolling down those cramped hallways crushing people? just a thought.
          That's exactly the sort of fun idea that is missing from fps games these days. There's too much focus on boring 'balanced' maps and not enough emphasis on implementing entertaining or gimmick (I prefer the word innovative) features. I remember in ut99 how there were various ways of scoring cheap, yet funny kills. An example would be the domination map Metal Dream where you could send people flying off the top of the small platform on Metal Dream with the impact hammer when they came through the portal. You knew they'd come through because the Redeemer and invisibility pickup spawned on the platform. Sadly, you you just don't see that kind of thing in current generation games.

Comment

I have no interest in someone camping the portal with the impact hammer, I freaking hate that. Having said that, there are a lot of maps like that. Simpsopns Home Invasion has already been mentioned, deathdome, azeraw, archaic bluffs with the cores in the trees, dragon city, asteroid field, space jox, megaring station, even a remade war-house. Sadly, nobody really plays them. They exist, that's not the problem. Cheers!

Comment

The portal isn't the only means by which you could get to the top of that platform which was the point of my post. Compared to some older games, the gameplay of current generation games feels too one dimensional because comparatively speaking, there are very few ways to get fragged in an unpredictable manner. For example in DOM-Sesmar once you spawned in one of those narrow hallways you could be fragged from above by a shock *****, blown to bits by a 6-pack of rockets from in front, or be gunned down from behind by a minigun. That sort of variety that keeps you guessing is missing from newer games.

Regardless of what the custom map scene is like, the stock maps of a game will almost always dictate the feel of the game for obvious reasons. To me it's evident that the style of maps has shifted towards a more monotonous and 'flat' feeling. Sure, you're always going to have to think about where your opponent is coming from but the number of paths they can take in getting to you is too limited in my view.

Comment

Wolverine remade tomb of sesmar, it's excellent and comes in dm or dom. Great egyptian look to it. I know what you mean... do you know what I mean? It's all still there, gathering dust. Waiting. The maps are there, the gametypes are there, and the million crazy ways to die are still there.

Comment

It would be good if more people played on custom maps of the sort I was talking about. I'd even put up with a 250 ping to play on populated servers of that type but there aren't any consistently populated servers which host those kind of maps.

Comment

Yes! Common ground. I feel the same way.

Comment

Working...
                    X