Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i have my ut3 settings on the low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i have my ut3 settings on the low?

i hear alot of good ppl saying that i should have my settings on the lowest, they say that it helps with aiming, and other stuff. wut do you guys know about that? and do any of you guys have ur settings on low?

heres an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6lRt...e=channel_page

how does that guy get his settings so low? i tried to put everything on low and i still cant get it to look like that.

i think the map made it look like that but i am not sure. i have no clue if low settings help aim but i always play on low because my g-card sucks

Comment

I've got my settings on the highest at 1680 x 1050 res and everything runs fine and I can aim great

Comment

I keep my settings all on high with physx enabled, at a 75hz resolution, something like 1240x1024. I'm able to do pretty good with it (mostly when ping isn't an issue).
        Besides, it's a nice lookin game, that's part of the fun.

Comment

hes on god mode... look at his health never reduces... and looks like he playing against bots

Comment

i think that is that you get more Frames so you have a smoother play

Comment

It looks like you tweaked the graphics settings. Or it might just be youtube, but I'm sure its a combination of both.

Comment

That video shows LOD tweaking, "pros" like it for some odd reason but it does not really increase frames substantially(1-2 fps). Other tweaks alone yield better results so there really isn't a point in doing this unless you enjoy your game looking like ****.

Comment

To get settings that low it requires ini tweaking.

Yes it does help with aiming, as you have less visual clutter getting in the way when walls are just bland flat colours.

Modifying the texture resolutions. Minimum via UT3 i think is 128

UTEngine.ini in Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODSize=#,LODB ias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODSi ze=#,LODBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODSiz e=#,LODBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODSize=#, LODBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=#,MaxL ODSize=#,LODBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLO DSize=#,LODBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODSize=#,LOD Bias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODS ize=#,LODBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODSi ze=#,LODBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODSize=#,LO DBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLOD Size=#,LODBias=0)
                  TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=#,MaxLODS ize=#,LODBias=0)

Change # to the desired number, the lower the number the less detail. I suggest you only modify those ones.

World = Material details on meshes in a map
                  Character = The player models
                  Weapon = Weapon model - This one doesn't change projectile detail i believe that's effects
                  Vehicle = Vehicles, obviously

tbh i don't have a clue on LODBias, so yea..

Comment

Yuck. If I bought UT3 and it looked like that I would be soooooo let down. Visual clutter? No, that's called eye candy. I wouldn't do that unless I had to for hardware limitations. Cheers!

Comment

It's sad that UT3 maps are mostly grey and ugly looking but low graphics have always adantages. There are less **** in the way.
                      It has been like this in all ut games as far as i know.

with lowgraphics u dont see grass, water or other stuff that makes u see enemies badly. On badly made maps i've even seen places when you can look through walls on low settings but not on high settings. i play on pretty low settings even though i could play with higher.

Comment

Another fact with combo explosion: There's a lot of distortion and it's prety hard to see throw exploding combo with high graphiques then with low graphiques...

So if you don't mind about the eyecandy, you'll be a little bit advantaged with low graphiques then high like in all other UT game. I had low graphiques but after a while, I just setted them to high again because there's not a BIG difference after all (The only place I have founded's in heatray like pics above). Anyway, setting graphiques to low will not make you a better player at all. If you think thoses little differences will make you better, you are wrong... In fact, after played a lot, it's change curently NOTHING AT ALL so don't beleive that you will have a huge advantage to play with low graphiques...

Comment

if you were to fire rockets in those two heatray pics above wouldnt there be rockets blowing up in your face and you wouldnt be able to really see the tree they are hitting on in the lower details

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanism4 View Post
                            if you were to fire rockets in those two heatray pics above wouldnt there be rockets blowing up in your face and you wouldnt be able to really see the tree they are hitting on in the lower details
                            The leaves don't have collision, so not unless you hit the branch.

Comment

God, it all depends on your FPS.

Higher FPS = Higher accuracy

Set all ur stuff to low only if u have a bad PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X