Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i have my ut3 settings on the lowest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnrealBomber View Post
    and it only takes 35 FPS minimum to be smooth to the eyes and between 35 and 60 FPS there really isn't a noticeable difference anyway.
    Wrong.

@ wrestling2091
    Also, a higher framerate gives you a better aiming (with UT3) and better network performance improving netplay.

Comment

In UTEngine.ini

Code:
      TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
      TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
      TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
      TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
      This sets textures to absolute minimum for world objects. Player models, vehicles and weapons will be maxed out. You also want skybox to be pretty high. For example, if you have LOD for skybox set to 1 as well, it will be just one color. And if it's bright color you won't be able to see a thing in the sky (makes hitting shock combos almost impossible cos you don't see shock ball). For skybox, anything above 64 should be fine... Play around with values... Remember to use "computer round numbers" - potentions of number 2 and combinations. For example: 2^7=128; 2^7+2^8=384, etc...

After this there will also be no need for texture filtering, cos you don't have textures XD (in a manner of speaking...). Turn off AF and Trilinear filtering in ini.

NOTE: some object may become transparent after this. For instance, some elevator pads and fences become invisible. This happens with thin objects which have transparent textures (textures with "holes").

Another thing... Lock your framerate to value for which you're sure framerate won't go below. It is also usual to have it fixed to monitor refresh rate (mostly 60Hz --> smooth framerate from 59 to 61). TURN vsync OFF! Use smooth framerate. vsync eats frames!

Yet another thing. Don't use composite dynamic lights, use dynamic lights. This will make it easier to spot enemies (like flag carriers...).

I won't even mention that you have to turn off effects like Bloom and DoF ^^

Comment

personally i max it out to get the looks and to appreciate the game itself. if i wanted low res graphics id play ut99

Comment

I like everything on max, this game is to sexy for me to have everything on low!!

Comment

Working...
          X