Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i have my ut3 settings on the lowest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i have my ut3 settings on the lowest?

i hear alot of good ppl saying that i should have my settings on the lowest, they say that it helps alot and other stuff. wut do you guys know about that? and do any of you guys have ur settings on the low

I have my settings on low. For me, it makes the game look more like Unreal Tournament 99 (which I love). I also hate the "blurry" look that higher settings give me. (you can tweak your graphics to get rid of this but I'd rather just do it the easy way and keep them on low ) And with lower settings, your graphics card won't have to work so hard, and if you don't have the best card out there that is always a good thing. However, with lower settings it's really hard for me to see the Nightshade vehicle, which is easy to see with high settings. Just my two cents \o/

Comment

sorry i did a double post just answer the one on the bottom

Comment

Haha its all good, you can just go to your other post and click the edit button, then click delete and its gone ;P

Comment

me personally I keep my stuff on max because I love the beautiful looks. But what i think most people are talking about is sacrificing beauty for performance. I can understand that if you have a low end system but if you got a good enough system to get 40+ FPS at full settings then I say Crank it! because all I've ever been able to push on fps is 60-62 and i have an extreme rated system. and it only takes 35 FPS minimum to be smooth to the eyes and between 35 and 60 FPS there really isn't a noticeable difference anyway. this is all somethings to think about. what do you want more performance or beauty? Do you have a good enough system to run it at full settings at 40+ FPS? Those are just things to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
            Haha its all good, you can just go to your other post and click the edit button, then click delete and its gone ;P
            it wont let me delete it but w/e

Comment

answer the second post i did (by accident) its more detailed...

Comment

No, you should have a computer that is up to playing the game such that there isn't a performance issue with everything max'd.

This is kinda like asking "should I maximize my gas milage by never driving my car?" Yeah, that will maximize your milage for sure, but then there's no point to having the car. Likewise, the game.

Comment

Playing in low details can make u see better. I play with texture details high n detail mode low. Character details can be high. Effects low. Rest of the graphics options off and distortion on. Try it.

Comment

if you can max the settings i say go ahead and max them. find out what works for you though. there are some advantages and disadvantages to min and max settings. with lower settings it makes the textures and world detail more bland probably making the players a bit easier to see. i doubt that will give you any actual advantage however. (with experienced players at least). as for max settings not only can you see the nightshade easier as infra said but also things like, if you look for it, you can see the shadow of a player that has picked up the invisability on heatray

Comment

Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
                      No, you should have a computer that is up to playing the game such that there isn't a performance issue with everything max'd.

This is kinda like asking "should I maximize my gas milage by never driving my car?" Yeah, that will maximize your milage for sure, but then there's no point to having the car. Likewise, the game.
                      Au contraire! It's more like "should I maximize my gas mileage by driving my car slower?" The answer is surely yes, but it's just not as fun.

Comment

I turned mine all the way down because Coret would cause my CPU to convulse and foam at the mouth. If I were showing Unreal to a friend I would turn them back up, but even on low I find the graphics good enough for my tastes.

Comment

If you're new or just casually playing then set everything to max.

If you want to get better or are playing competitively do what drunk says below.

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
                          Playing in low details can make u see better. I play with texture details high n detail mode low. Character details can be high. Effects low. Rest of the graphics options off and distortion on. Try it.

Comment

I play on high resolution, but low details, aka DoF and Bloom OFF. Cant stand these exaggerated colors and the darkness. Texture detail is high here.

Comment

Don't listen to people who tell you to put all the details on low. Unless you're playing for money, play whatever you want, and if your computer can handle it, keep the details maxed.

Comment

Working...
                              X