Why?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why?!

Why do people stick to a few servers... everytime i search for vCTF or Warfare servers i find exactly the same servers full and all other servers are empty.

Not sure about the servers in the US... i usually play on european servers and i can only find 3 or 4 busy servers... all other servers are empty all the time!

There are simply too many servers and too few players. They all group up in the same servers because most vctf and war players like big matches with lots of players. So the big servers get bigger because there is a consistent volume of players there.

Comment

When there was a vancouver vctf server up, it was always empty, but i could actually ping below 100 sometimes. I'd go in and get bored of the botmatch after 10 minutes or so. I guess people might like the padding other players give them and join the more populated vs the sparsly populated ones.
      Occasionally I'll go sit in a server, and rarely somebody'll join. But then if I end up beating them up too bad they leave unless somebody they can kill gets in there. Just a matter of not having any fun?

Comment

It might also be becasue of the servers having a better connection/tickrate or whatever or are located in favor of the majority of players.
        Also the active mutators and the maplist play a huge role.

Comment

On a side note, a Seattle-Vancouver/Edmonton/Minot/Regina, betrayal or instagib server with adept bots and lots of maps would keep me happy. Wish I wasn't broke.

Comment

Not always, but its kinda like survival of the fittest. People find the servers they like (and have good pings on) so they stick to them. The others ones tend to gather dust.

Comment

I know... but the Warfare server was 32/32 full.... vCTF was 18/18 full... and the other vCTF server with the titan mutator was 32/32 full as well... people haven't tried to go on other servers... the only option i had was the jolt server but the problem is i can't pickup the weapons twice which is terrible in Suspence where you don't have Avril ammo boxes.

That's sad because it means there are only 82 slots available for all players to have fun if that was full then nobody would ever try other servers.

Comment

Two words.... low ping. First I sort by low ping, then I look for populated servers in the top of the list servers. I hardly ever scroll beyond what is visible on the page. Refreshing will shuffle them a bit. I suck, with high ping I suck more. Plus, who wants to play bots? I can play bots with 0 ping and any mod set, no server needed. I want more custom maps to be populated, but we all want something different it seems.

Comment

I understand... but if people jump on other servers more often you wouldn't be playing against bots anymore.

I just can't understand all the people in europe play on 4 servers?

on full servers people join as spectators waiting for someone to leave... instead of that if they jump on other server people might join them as well and it wouldn't be different to the populated servers.

I'm in asia which means i always have a ping over 100 on european servers... i'm sure people in europe would have pings less than 100 but the problem is still the same... people only join those few servers

Comment

I'm near Boston, lowest ping servers seem to be NJ, NY, and Chicago. Naturally, that's where you can find me. Asia, that's a tough spot. I have no idea what that's like. Good luck!

Comment

EU players tend to play on Raptor server. Great pings in browser but the server suxx. I just cant see why.Now its a 36 player (used to be 32) n its worse than ever.Many other better servers around n no one in.

Comment

On one empty night, I took my slow, secluded DSL connection to russia, and actually got a few frags with 280 ping betrayal. But it's nothing like having instant response to your trigger pulling.. better than nothing though.

Comment

i think people just become comfortable with using servers with a perticular name eg the Multiplayer servers, i usually choose these they also have low ping (if your in the UK).

Comment

Yes its annoying that only few servers are full, even spectator places are full. If over 10 ppl joins on one server it gets enough ppl pretty quickly if you are playing at night when there is many players. Also at nights there are many good players around.

I judge servers in this order:
                            Score limit under 5, 4 is better.
                            Player limit under 32, 24 is enought or ping gets too high with fps.

Comment

yeah... sometimes when i see the servers are full and other servers are left empty i just close the game and go to play either UT or UT 2k4.

in vCTF it's ok to have even unlimited score with time limit set to either 15 or 20 but in Warfare i believe if score limit is set to 3 then it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X