Favorite Vehicles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Vehicles!

What vehicle do you make a dash for at the beginning of the Warfare or vCTF games? Why?

Obviously, every vehicle has its own place, so let's be civil if there are others with opposing opinions to our own. (Not sure if that's necessary to say here; first post! )

If you didn't get the subtle hint of my avatar, my favorite vehicle is the Scorpion. Firstly, it's nearly as fast as the hovering craft, so I can get to Nodes and whatnot quickly. Secondly, it has good offensive and defensive capabilities: each of those Mortar rounds does pretty significant damage (I seem to recall one doing more than 60 to me in a direct hit), fire at a good rate, and are tremendously effective against Mantas, Vipers, and Raptors, which are the three vehicles that one would generally have the most trouble with, and the blades truly make me question whether the Manta is the Roadkill king or not. Thirdly, they require two hits from a Longbow AVRiL to down (assuming they start from perfect condition), lending them respectable longevity (or at least the time to bail) against infantry. Fourthly, they have the infamous Self-Destruct mechanism, giving you an ace-in-the-hole against many heavy vehicles. Lastly, everyone else seems to go for the Mantas or Goliaths, which means I get my Scorpion often.

If only the Mortar rounds could repair Nodes like the Necris vehicles...

Hoverboard!

Why? I skateboard in Real life so it's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptureTheFlag View Post
      Hoverboard!

Why? I skateboard in Real life so it's awesome!
      I've been trying to get a Hoverboard kill for a while now. I don't even know if it's possible, but I think that falling on someone does 1 point of damage...

Comment

A scorpion is good but I also like the scavenger. Most think it is underpowered and weak but is extremely vercatile and the little orb thing on it does alot of damage.

Comment

I'm always on foot Anti-Vehicles :P.

But seriously if i have to pick one i would take the Scorpion

BTW Scorpion fans always like the Scavenger

Now for the "Why" part

The scorpions self distruct causes a good amount of damage... enough to destroy a goliath which is one of the most powerful vehicles... also sometimes i use the self distruct to get to a high place... you can use many tactics with the scorpion.

As for the Scavenger: It's just funny

Comment

Depends on the map and if my team is full of noobs or not. Downtown bender is most critical to victory. Floodgate - vipers, unless you have someone deliberately misusing the nightshade. Serenity - Tank. Could go on and on.

Comment

Has anyone ever made a kill with the scavenger?

Comment

Sure... if you know how to use the Scavenger you'll get kills using it

Comment

Originally posted by Euxeus View Post
                  are u kidding? it is amazing for road kills and it has a huge damage if u run into something while rolling and the little orb around it is suprisingly good with its already amazing dodging. it is easily killed with the tank however.

Comment

its always some highlight for me if i kill someone with the orb, it does quite some dmg (they buffed it in 2.0), but too often it doesnt work (orb disapeared, or just flying around the target dealing no dmg).

apart from that its very good for roadkilling, esp for titans. plus the blades deal like 300 dmg to vehicles. imo its easier killing sth that way instead of the flying orb.

I've been trying to get a Hoverboard kill for a while now. I don't even know if it's possible, but I think that falling on someone does 1 point of damage...
                    loool

my personal favourite so far was pancaking someone with the center turret on downtown. (dont ask me how its possible, but was quite funny when it happened.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Sheepus View Post
                      IMPOSSIBLE: it's too small, DUY, not to offend you or anything

Comment

Now to the point:
                        Necris:Viper, it can jump into the air really high (especially with a RAMP!!!) and blow up
                        Human: Manta, it is really good for urban maps that are REALLY packed. EX: Rails

Comment

Originally posted by Euxeus View Post
                          One: i pancaked someone
                          Two: srry for the triple post

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2 View Post

my personal favourite so far was pancaking someone with the center turret on downtown. (dont ask me how its possible, but was quite funny when it happened.)
                            Thats a new. Never heard it before. I'd be omg n ffs if i was the victim .

Scavangers are effective at times(killing or fast transporting). Easy to kill though.

All depends on the map in what vehicle is the best.

Comment

i guess the recipe for that was like:

-get stuck in the turret
                              -add some massive lag
                              -add luck and bs (these 2 combined are impossible to beat)

Comment

Working...
                              X