This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely disgusted

Bought UT3 the moment it was released - suffered all the usual suspects (couldn't save profile, couldn't resume games, lock ups and so on) and despite queries to UT3 support I could not get it going so gave up on it in disgust.

I recently got the disks out again in the hope that recent patches would have fixed it - btw, my rig has no problems with FEAR2, CRYSIS and the like.

I find that I am forced to register with Fileplanet to get the patch - bad enough, but then I'm supposed to download some infernal download manager onto my machine - no thanks. If this is how Epic are going to treat customers I won't be putting any more money their way and bitterly regret not sending this game back as soon as I found out how flaky it was.

What are you talking about man? Go to BeyondUnreal and get it there..

Comment

The patch is available on many different mirrors.. you're not "forced" to do anything. In fact it is even available over Steam as an automatic update.

Comment

So you are seriously suggesting I download software from a site I've never heard of and apparently is not endorsed by Epic? - what a good way of picking up viruses etc. and trashing my machine - I fix PC's as a sideline and have learned much from other peoples mistakes. The best virus scanners in the world can't protect you from the idiot that clicks 'Yes'.

Comment

There are a lot of mirrors:
          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=663720

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by pcavaney View Post
            So you are seriously suggesting I download software from a site I've never heard of and apparently is not endorsed by Epic? - what a good way of picking up viruses etc. and trashing my machine - I fix PC's as a sideline and have learned much from other peoples mistakes. The best virus scanners in the world can't protect you from the idiot that clicks 'Yes'.
            lol, k.. Unplug yourself from the internet, and continue your life.

Comment

Apparently you have not learned anything. Nobody got any virus from the well known sites that have the pack and patch available. If you had learned things... ....as you said... ....you had already heard of these sites or got yourself informed if they are phishing or giving trojans, etc... kthxbye.

Now leave.

Comment

yeah but what about the ranting idiot who clicks the Submit New Thread button and blames a company because you didn't think to look around for an alternative way to download the patch?
                Maybe next time calm down and look around!!

Comment

Hello pcavaney.

It appears you must be new to a "PC Gaming Community", and as such I will do what I can to help clarify what these other great members of this community are trying to point out.

Beyond Unreal much like other popular games or IPs is a community website established to not only provide news to the consumer base but also provide them an easy outlet into various aspects of products and information such as demos, add-ons, news (obviously), and any other forms of upkeep. As many on this board already know, BeyondUnreal was and still is a key network that has been around since the production of the original Unreal Tournament which was released back in the 90s.

As I am too lazy to explain what Steam is to you, I will provide you with a wikipedia link instead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(content_delivery)

P.S. If any of my information in regards to beyondunreal is inaccurate, feel free to correct me (looks at Flak).

Comment

Originally posted by Harmerty View Post
                    yeah but what about the ranting idiot who clicks the Submit New Thread button and blames a company because you didn't think to look around for an alternative way to download the patch?
                    Maybe next time calm down and look around!!
                    That little guy, naming himself pcavaney, is so mentally deranged that he even does not know that EPIC themselves posted these mirrors... ...even to BeyondUnreal a well know site even recommended by EPIC on other instances.

Comment

The Steam version is certainly endorsed by Epic, and BeyondUnreal is a reputable community partner of Epic. And I don't remember the last time I got a virus in the last 5 years.

But guys can we refrain from insulting him and telling him to go away isn't conducive to growing the community..

Comment

Troll thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                          And I don't remember the last time I got a virus in the last 5 years.
                          That's because the viruses are so sneaky now... They have been stealing your p0rns the whole time and you didn't even know!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X