Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug?

Today I stepped up for a duel against a godlike bot, in order to get the "untouchable" achievement.

Having been ripped apart by the almost cheating level dead aim of many of the bots, I almost gave up. On the last map, HeatRay, the bot always headed for the Darkwalker. I thought I'd try my chances with a fully loaded bio goo and catch him by surprise.
    Unloaded it and saw it sticked, but gave no damage (it was already pretty well damaged) whereas I thought it should go down in flames.

Next round, I ride in the Darkwalker, and the bot shoots me with the bio, and nothing happened. Not even a single HP drop.

Are Darkwalkers (which implies all vehicles btw) Bio-rifle immune or is this a bug?

Why would a Darkwalker imply all vehicles are immune? The tank driving through the prime blockades on Downtown implies nothing about the oth0r vehicles. It can't even repeat it itself if going backwards.

Comment

OK, I implied too much on the "all vehicles are immune" part, but I still think a darkwalker should be hit by biorifle.

Comment

Think about it though... A biological weapon damaging a non-biological entity? Seems almost natural, the way it is, if they're immune.

Dammit, ruined my 420 post count

Comment

That is the logical explanation, but then the robot race, don't remember now how they are called, must be bio-immune too. That can't hold IMHO, they are vulnerable opponents in the game.

Comment

Biorifle damages the darkwalker fine on ps3..

Comment

I remember finishing off a Dark Walker on DM-HeatRay with a full loaded shot of goo from the Biorifle in the game's early days. I don't think that Epic would modify the Biorifle in such a way that it no longer damages the Dark Walker, or any other vehicle for that matter.

As for the untouchable achievement: Weapon replacement mutator (with all weaps set to impact hammer - thanks Sam Stride for the tip ) + Heat Ray = Winrar.

Comment

you can still get the darkwalkers with the impact hammer.. helps to have the jetpack.. they have a lil blind spot

Comment

let's stay on topic.

PC version, Biorifle not working against Darkwalker, bug or not?

Comment

bug presumably.. have you tried attacking darkwalker with the Show Damage mutator? this could help maybe &that's all i've got on that...

Comment

Don't forget it's Unreal, so it does not matter if a biological weapon would damage vehicles in real life or not.

If the DarkWalker is the only vehicle which does not lose hp by the BioRifle, then it's a bug.
                      That's absolutely illogical if other vehicles get damage but not the DarkWalker.
                      Check it.
                      (Load any map and type loaded in console to get all weapons.)

Greets

Comment

I guess it is here: http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/01/mutator-show-damage.html

But I don't see any download link for PC.

Comment

Why do you want to use the mutator?
                          Just type killbots after the bot gets the DarkWalker.
                          Then you can attack it as many times as you want.
                          After you take it, you will see its HP.

Or do you have other plans?
                          And don't forget my other post which I wrote 2 minutes before your post.^^

Greets

Comment

thanks for those helpful console commands Nightmare85.

I'll try them out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFish View Post
                              I guess it is here: http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/01/mutator-show-damage.html

But I don't see any download link for PC.
                              i think that mutator is available on PC also.. it must be possible, but ut3mod.com seems just for ps3 users.. (thankyou ut3mod.com)
                              i only suggest this as i always use it in a kind of OCD habit so i always know if i damage something.. anyways sorry if it's no help & good luck with this predicament.

Comment

Working...
                              X