Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there so many BOTS in online games??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because people don't play the game BECAUSE of these f*cking bots.

It's THE worst AI I have ever seen in an FPS game.

Clever AI don't cheat, anything above masterful cheats in this game.

What's the f*cking point!?

Comment

Originally posted by 5yzygy View Post
      Because people don't play the game BECAUSE of these f*cking bots.

It's THE worst AI I have ever seen in an FPS game.

Clever AI don't cheat, anything above masterful cheats in this game.

What's the f*cking point!?
      Well I can only speak for warfare specifically but as I mentioned, the minimum player count for Epic WAR #2 will be lowered in the next day or so when the server isn't full. They adjusted most of the official servers when this thread was started -- #2 might have just been missed or maybe misconfigured, but they're correcting it.

I don't mind the bots for DM but they're aggravating in warfare. They take the orb and then sit still on their hoverboard for a few minutes before deciding to actually go somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JeroKane View Post
        It's not only PS3. Most of the PC Servers are void of players too.

There are very very few servers of each gametype that has actual people playing on it.

It's pretty depressing really.

I just bought the game last week, just to spend most of my time playing against bots.

Biggest irony is that when I fire up UT2004, I see so many more people playing it. There are more active UT2004 servers then UT3.
        But more on Unreal 1999

Comment

the bots need to stfu thats the truth, try and find people who play and find a way to contact them so you will have people to play with everyday

Comment

Originally posted by commiecat View Post
            Well I can only speak for warfare specifically but as I mentioned, the minimum player count for Epic WAR #2 will be lowered in the next day or so when the server isn't full. They adjusted most of the official servers when this thread was started -- #2 might have just been missed or maybe misconfigured, but they're correcting it.

I don't mind the bots for DM but they're aggravating in warfare. They take the orb and then sit still on their hoverboard for a few minutes before deciding to actually go somewhere.
            There were still 19 average bots on it this weekend. Pretty bad teams. For some reason, most of the bots seem to gather on one team making things totally uneven. I will not join that server again until it's fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
              There were still 19 average bots on it this weekend. Pretty bad teams. For some reason, most of the bots seem to gather on one team making things totally uneven. I will not join that server again until it's fixed.
              commiecat: Barktooth, don't take the orb!
              Barktooth took the red orb.
              commiecat: NO BARKTOOTH! DROP THE ORB!
              Barktooth: Whee! Lookit me! I'm on a skateboard!
              Barktooth: Heading to flood node.
              commiecat: NO! Our prime is down, go there!
              Barktooth: Whee! Lookit me! I'm on a skateboard!
              Bobba_Novis killed the red orb carrier.
              commiecat: Thanks Bobba.
              Wraith picked up the red orb.
              Wraith: Whee! Lookit me! I'm on a skateboard!
              commiecat: *facepalm*

Comment

Yeah it's bad, another problem is the "requesting team swap" bs. I happen to believe most players want & seek balanced teams for a closer game. Why can't players just switch at will , no requests, I mean it's not as though well known players can't be trusted to switch to-and-fro, as necessary, to balance things up, even mid game.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                  Yeah it's bad, another problem is the "requesting team swap" bs. I happen to believe most players want & seek balanced teams for a closer game. Why can't players just switch at will , no requests, I mean it's not as though well known players can't be trusted to switch to-and-fro, as necessary, to balance things up, even mid game.
                  Players should be able to switch instantly to the team with fewer players, that should be a given because there is no bad effect from that.

In my experience there are not that many players who switch sides in order to keep things even. I would say there are many more who just want to be on the winning team no matter what. The best thing is to just disconnect from the server if your on that team. I call it voting with your feet. It's a waste of time to make any chat comments. Typically, the responses are not very polite, so why even go there. Then rejoin after a few minutes. If most players on the losing team disconnected, at least the teams would get mixed up some.

Team balancing issues have likely been detrimental to this games online player numbers. Why would any player want to stick around and keep playing if they lose matches so badly. No fun in that. New players will not learn anything from that.

Comment

Working...
                  X