Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there so many BOTS in online games??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone should make an UT3 vs UT2004 Mod. Give them their whacked out jumps and weapons, we'll show 'em, we got the orb afterall.

Comment

if you're on a pc, if the slot for number of player has a plus in front of it eg +3/16 it means no humans but if you join there will be 3 bots plus you playing

Comment

The numbers can also be deceptive. Best thing to do is scan for servers with players (no +), and then click the button at the bottom to show who is actually in the game (toggles between showing mutators and showing players)

Comment

Some of the Epic warfare servers have a high number of bots. I'd rather play 6v6 all humans than 10v10 with four bots on each team.

Personally I think that for warfare the bots should be set to make it 8 or 10 players and no higher. I was playing for a little bit last night and there were at least 10 humans playing, but there were still a few bots on each team. Wouldn't be nearly as bad if they knew what to do with the orb when they grabbed it.

Comment

Originally posted by commiecat View Post
            Some of the Epic warfare servers have a high number of bots. I'd rather play 6v6 all humans than 10v10 with four bots on each team.

Personally I think that for warfare the bots should be set to make it 8 or 10 players and no higher. I was playing for a little bit last night and there were at least 10 humans playing, but there were still a few bots on each team. Wouldn't be nearly as bad if they knew what to do with the orb when they grabbed it.
            I no longer play as much as I did before the patch and expansion pack because of it. Way too many bots on the servers, just ruins the game for me. Normally ,I would join any game with 6 or more humans. But, I will not join a match with 6 humans and 9 bots. That's how most of the servers are set up. Some have even more bots, like 19, If I wanted to play bots, I would play off line. Now, I have no choice, bots are there unless the server is almost full. This just totally su<ks ****. This is making me not want to play.

It is totally stupid to have all those bots and then set the skill to average on warfare servers. All average bots do is get vehicles stuck and the abandon them, almost every time in the same way depending on the map. Tank crossing with bots means the tank will get stuck and never cross the bridge or you will never take the node. The scorpions will be stuck sideways at the spawn points or in the rocks or the bot will abandon the vehicle so the other team can take it. Bots on Confrontation somehow get the scorpion stuck blocking access to the tower, avril and turret. I am not sure I have ever seen a bot actually drive any hellbender on any map without getting it stuck or abandoning to to the other team.

Bots need to be set to higher skill in warfare, skilled or adept. There should never ever be more than 11 bots on any server. Those servers that have lots of bots are attempting to cater to n00bs, but there are very few of them playing, resulting in all the empty servers. You will not see me on any of them if there are more than 1-2 bots playing in game. This BS just ruins the online game.

Comment

4 bots per team max, 2 is better. I hate joining a server with nobody else on. I also hate having bots on my team that are stupid enough to abandon tanks, nightshades and hellbenders for the enemy to use against us.
              *blame the coders*

Comment

Originally posted by Ga-Reef View Post
                Someone should make an UT3 vs UT2004 Mod. Give them their whacked out jumps and weapons, we'll show 'em, we got the orb afterall.
                If you want 2004 feel in UT3, try out GoW's ONS2.0 servers. They've got the lightning gun, bio-grenade launcher and mine layer, along with other tweaks to make it more like the '04 gameplay.

Try it out sometime.

If your looking for a populated server, stop by Hedsteem's VCTF server in the evenings. There is very rarely not full at one time or another in the evenings.

Comment

I've lowered the number of bots on the Official Epic Servers. Thanks to commiecat for pointing it out.

Comment

Thanks Flak! The bots were really annoying, always grabbing the orb before you could get to it.

Comment

lol. thanks to Jash for his only post so far.

Comment

you can tell which servers just have bots because there is a plus sign in front of the number eg +3/18 the +3 means there will be 3 bots when you join but no human players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ā»TheHitManĀ« View Post
                          UT2004 feels cartoony
                          Well i like cartoony, with lots of colours instead of ut3's grey only... yes there are different kinds of grey but its still a grey game

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                            I've lowered the number of bots on the Official Epic Servers.
                            The Epic WAR #2 server should have the bot count lowered soon. I mentioned today that it was still set to 19 and got a PM that it would be fixed.

Thanks to Flak and the server admins for their prompt response! Playing 7v7 and still having bots steal the orb kills a WAR match. Flippin' Barktooth.

Comment

The official epic war servers are the only ones I see players on anymore so its pretty much the only servers I play in, just wish there were more people!

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                                I no longer play as much as I did before the patch and expansion pack because of it. Way too many bots on the servers, just ruins the game for me. Normally ,I would join any game with 6 or more humans. But, I will not join a match with 6 humans and 9 bots. That's how most of the servers are set up. Some have even more bots, like 19, If I wanted to play bots, I would play off line. Now, I have no choice, bots are there unless the server is almost full. This just totally su<ks ****. This is making me not want to play.

It is totally stupid to have all those bots and then set the skill to average on warfare servers. All average bots do is get vehicles stuck and the abandon them, almost every time in the same way depending on the map. Tank crossing with bots means the tank will get stuck and never cross the bridge or you will never take the node. The scorpions will be stuck sideways at the spawn points or in the rocks or the bot will abandon the vehicle so the other team can take it. Bots on Confrontation somehow get the scorpion stuck blocking access to the tower, avril and turret. I am not sure I have ever seen a bot actually drive any hellbender on any map without getting it stuck or abandoning to to the other team.

Bots need to be set to higher skill in warfare, skilled or adept. There should never ever be more than 11 bots on any server. Those servers that have lots of bots are attempting to cater to n00bs, but there are very few of them playing, resulting in all the empty servers. You will not see me on any of them if there are more than 1-2 bots playing in game. This BS just ruins the online game.

I agree, 2 vs 2 real players is better than playing with bots, a bot with an orb can be game spoiling, even with godlike bots they're easy to beat and generally pathetic because of the more tactical nature of Warfare and their slower response to fluid in-game developments. Though to be fair to Epic, I can understand the complexities involved in coding good AI for something with rapidly changing attack /defend objectives.

Comment

Working...
                                X