Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there so many BOTS in online games??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are there so many BOTS in online games??

It's like every ****en game I enter is filled with stupid BOTS. Why are all these online games even allowed to have BOTS in them? I want to play against real players online not 90% BOTS.

Is there any way to filter out game that have BOTS in them?

PS3? Its because not much people play.

Comment

It wouldn't be so bad if the bots weren't so obviously bots - making their tired, repetative taunts every 5 seconds.

ownage... my house... that's one more for the girl... STFU bots

It was for this reason today that I suggested a RealBots mutator that at least attempts to disguise the fact that bots are what they are.

Comment

It would seem many server admins are under the wrong impression that more is better.

IMLO, servers should have no higher than 11 bots for warfare and no more than 3 or 5 for DM and CTF. BotSkill should never be lower than BotSkill=3 (experienced) on any server. BotSkill should be higher for warfare (4 or 5) and servers with more experienced players.

I do not mind playing 6v6 warfare with real players and any match with no more that 1-2 bots. But all these servers with 15, 19, and 20+ bots is just totally stupid.

Comment

I rather play on a server with bots than an empty one! Three players on Daimos is boring.
          As long as the total player count is not too high on smaller maps, the bots are no problem for me. And as soon real players enter the game, the bots leave.

Nice side effect: usually the bots are not too high in skill. This gives the beginner a chance to make some frags, too. And having some success now and then hopefully makes them like the game more and become regular players.

So maybe there SHOULD be bots on servers!

Comment

Epic needs another free weekend to attract more customers

Comment

What Epic needs is to focus.

Trying to please every customer has always proven impossible.

And it is not the engine which will keep customers, it's the gameplay.

Patch 2 was almost in the right direction, but too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                PS3? Its because not much people play.
                It's not only PS3. Most of the PC Servers are void of players too.

There are very very few servers of each gametype that has actual people playing on it.

It's pretty depressing really.

I just bought the game last week, just to spend most of my time playing against bots.

Biggest irony is that when I fire up UT2004, I see so many more people playing it. There are more active UT2004 servers then UT3.

Comment

Because people play mostly on single player.

UT3 has a more than average single player campaign, I find in the last days.

Comment

Originally posted by JeroKane View Post
                    There are very very few servers of each gametype that has actual people playing on it.
                    Analyze yourself: did you join on empty server or server with people already in? Bots are nice way to tempt player inside.

Here was good answer about that new playsers (=n00bs) have change to frag someone, learn where they are going (finding enemy core or flag; depending game mode what are playing).

Biggest irony is that when I fire up UT2004, I see so many more people playing it. There are more active UT2004 servers then UT3.
                    I host myself tree UT2004 servers and only one UT3. Yep, much more gamers on UT2004 servers. There are more skilled players: they do strafe bunnyhoppings etc. UT3 is only for big guns - no movement skill needed. Best example: Titan addon. Many players hate UT3 and have gone back to UT2004. ;-) Like Microsoft Vista --> back to WinXP. Better. More speed and 5.1 surround sounds.

Comment

I went back to playing ut2004 now that the last patch and pack didnt impress me. UT2003/4 games are the best.

Comment

Ut2004 dont impress me. UT3 is perfekt for me!! Dont licke to much jumping......

Comment

Originally posted by JeroKane View Post
                          It's not only PS3. Most of the PC Servers are void of players too.

It's pretty depressing really.

I just bought the game last week, just to spend most of my time playing against bots.

yeah but when you fire up 2k4 and u try going into a dm its nothing but RA RA RA RANK RANKI RANK RIN RNKAINR RANKIN over and over again very annoying

Comment

I went back to ut2k4 and it felt like a N64 game...... hated it..... and I used to love it..

UT3 FTW !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alienshade View Post
                              Ut2004 dont impress me. UT3 is perfekt for me!! Dont licke to much jumping......
                              UT2004 feels cartoony too

Comment

Working...
                              X