Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
    For maximum visual effects, check everything (except maybe 'disable one frame thread lag,' which doesn't affect visuals in any way.) The reduced gore option is the only other exception, as it is the only checkbox that disables a visual effect when checked.
    Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by nEvErLoOz View Post
    Like I already said, hardware is not a problem. What I want is to set everything at the maximum possible level and I'm not sure for some option if check or uncheck correspond to the max level or not. That's it.

I want the game to set the graphics at the top....my system can handle it...easily.

What should I check and uncheck...thats an easy question!

I don't need to tweak anything to get better framerate or something.....I WANT TO SET EVERYTHING AT THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE LEVEL, I WANT THIS GAME TO LOOK THE BEST IT CAN LOOK!

I repeat, hardware is not a problem!
    So, what exactly is it that you want? Graphics settings for a stable frame rate with a decent video card?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For maximum visual effects, check everything (except maybe 'disable one frame thread lag,' which doesn't affect visuals in any way.) The reduced gore option is the only other exception, as it is the only checkbox that disables a visual effect when checked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like I already said, hardware is not a problem. What I want is to set everything at the maximum possible level and I'm not sure for some option if check or uncheck correspond to the max level or not. That's it.

I want the game to set the graphics at the top....my system can handle it...easily.

What should I check and uncheck...thats an easy question!

I don't need to tweak anything to get better framerate or something.....I WANT TO SET EVERYTHING AT THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE LEVEL, I WANT THIS GAME TO LOOK THE BEST IT CAN LOOK!

I repeat, hardware is not a problem!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So can someone at epic confirm me that every single thing should be checked in the option menu to get the best possible graphics?

Can someone confirm me that?
    That very much depends on your hardware setup and your personal taste. If you have newer hardware, ie a desktop PC with a recent video card and cpu, you really do not have to do much tweaking to have nice performace plus nice graphics. If your video card is old or entry level, then just set for 1 world an 1 texture for best performance.

It's seems to me to be way more work than it's worth to set everything to max just so you can disable everything. But you can always try Ultrons ini tweaks. Here is that thread;

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So can someone at epic confirm me that every single thing should be checked in the option menu to get the best possible graphics?

For "best graphics," yes. For "best looking graphics," that's subjective.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic should have a team for this kind of stuff. Seriously.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Somnambulist View Post
    I disable Distortion
    Not sure what Disable Particule Distortion Dropping is but disabling Distortion itself makes nightshades and stealth benders completely invisible when they go in stealth. If Distortion is enabled, you'll see the background behind the vehicle get distorted which is a great visual cue if you pay attention.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can only comment on what I've seen...

Motion blur doesn't seem to dip performance, plus it kinda covers up when you get lower fps, it's not as good as the one in Gears but prolly not advisable in a PvP game to have that level of blur.

"Disable Particule Distortion Dropping" - Haven't a clue, I disable Distortion in gfx option menu, still unsure what having it on/off does exactlly?

Tbh I think when all boxes checked in graphics, it's how the game should look, thats how i'm running it (as said b4 - distortion) and it's looking yummy.

Ps. Also for me having Physix (or whatever it's called) off gives me a bit more fps.

PPS. The titan/juggernaught thing is wierd, it's like in Alice in Wonderland eating the thing that makes you grow and grow, but you get stuck.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Secondly, what is that new Titan thing? It's really big, armored, and unfair!!!
    Try to think of it as an extremely noisy and screen shaking tank.

I think checking "Disable Composite Dynamic Lights" & "Enable Static Decals" will get you best look, but not 100%.
    have no idea what the 3rd thing is.

Motion blur is making things blurry when you move the camera. You probably want this on, but that is more a matter of preference imo.

You can just try changing one thing then start a game and check if you have higher or lower fps. generally lower fps == better looking.

Leave a comment:

• Just reinstall the game after 1 year of absence....got some questions

So, I reinstalled the game, I downloaded 2.0 patch and Titan Expension and I got some questions concerning graphics tweaking ang new gameplay elements:

First of all, I would like to know what should I check or uncheck in the advanced graphics settings if I want THE BEST POSSIBLE graphics.

Framerate is not a problem, I want the best graphics UT3 can offer!

For example, the option "Disable Composite Dynamic Lights"...what is that? Should this option be checked or unchecked?

"Enable Static Decals" it's better checked or unchecked?

"Disable Particule Distortion Dropping"....WTF is that? Better graphics with this option checked or unchecked?

Do you enable motion blur or not?

Secondly, what is that new Titan thing? It's really big, armored, and unfair!!!

Thanks for your help!
Working...
X