Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The following relates strictly to PS3:
    All your mutators are listed from the community section, my content. Easier to go to instant action, follow the instructions to set up the game, at the last screen before you start, on the bottom is a (triangle?) button and says mutators....hit it. Then you get a two sided list, on the left are all your mutators. highlight one and hit the right button, it will appear on the right hand window as selected. You can select one or many. When you're done, start it up and try them out.
    Online: Mutators, when you join a game, if the person hosting or the server has the mutator, you will download it as you join the match. Maps, you have to have the map installed to play the map, period, wether you host or join another person's game.
    Edit - My Content is now located within the mod browser.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jweaver View Post
    Also, how do you Host a game with (or try out) specific mutators? When you host, do you get the option of which Mutators you currently have installed?

Jon
    Isn't there instant action with some bots; because I have a PC. When choosing instant action, means you're gonna play with bots, you can choose which map, any mutator that will be included in the match.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I popped home lunch time and saw that you can get 'server info' by pressing Triangle. I had already seen this screen, but didn't notice the "Mutator" bit at the bottom.

On some servers, there were 'things' listed under the Mutator, so I looked for a server that had some, tried to enter the game and it told me that I needed X and Y, and then it went off and downloaded a series of MODs. One of which was 'Bullet Time'.

Game started and immediatly I saw the game slow down (bullet time) when I tried to shoot at someone.... Nice!!

Starting to understand this now, so I will look further into this over the weekend.

Does anyone know (on the PS3) how to list the MODs you have downloaded.. There are a bunch of things on the "Mod Browser" but I would like to know which ones I already have!!!

Also, how do you Host a game with (or try out) specific mutators? When you host, do you get the option of which Mutators you currently have installed?

Jon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh jeez I always do that.

No I have no idea how they do things on that ps3... I wouldn't be surprised if you had to install everything manually, but I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I should point out that I am talking PS3, so is the same thing true..

Last night I tried to get into a game and was told that I needed to download 'content' before I can play.. It turned out that it was a new map in the Titan pack, so this is clearly why... But it didn't try and get the map automatically.. But then again, I wouldn't expect it too.

So you are saying that if someone is hosting a game using a custom map, I can simply join and the game will get the necessary 'mods' to let me join?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you join a server that's running a mutator that you don't have, the game will load the mutator from the server before you start playing.

Same thing with custom maps.

The loaded mutator or map will be put in the game's cache folder in an encoded form. Not really installed in the straightforward way, but it will work as long as it stays in the cache.

You can download them later and install them in the normal way if you want to mess with them on your own. Or decode them out of the cache with a custom utility you can get, made for that purpose.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK.. So what happens if someone 'hosts' a game using a "Mutator" that they have installed.... Are you told waht you need to install (And more importantly, where to get it) to join the game?

Jon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just kill alot of people, press R after a while, kill more people, press R again and things should be fine

Welcome to UT3!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A mutator is a little piece of code that alters the games' rules.

This code is executed at the beginning of a map (before the match starts, so you don't see it) and for example looks up all weapon-pickups on the map and replaces them with other weapons. It can also change -like already mentioned- the default gravity by changing the gravity-value.
    If somebody codes a completely new weapon then also a mutator is needed to for example replace the Bio-Rifle with this new weapon.
    There are endless possibilites from exploding ammunition-pickups to people growing a huge pen0r the more kills they get (this really existed for a previous UT, in UT3 you grow a big head in one of the official mutators). And of course there is the Titan mutator, which alters the gamerules in that way that people can become the Titan/Behemoth.

A few mutators come with the game and a lot are user-made. Most of the latter can be used on the PS3 as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fudo Myo-o View Post
    good question really.. i'm unsure the exact definition but in UT games there are normally a selection of mutators like low gravity.. (lowers gravity yep) , speed freak (increases game speed), instagib, which is just crazy &many more.. mutators are your friend so to speak www.ut3mod.com has a small selection of user-made mutators which might be of interest..
    Thanks for that.. I need to do some more playing.. Its interesting to read a few post back that on the server select screen, there is a way to get more details.. Perhaps I have missed that and I will look tonight...

Thanks all... Look forwards to playing with you on-line soon

Jon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good question really.. i'm unsure the exact definition but in UT games there are normally a selection of mutators like low gravity.. (lowers gravity yep) , speed freak (increases game speed), instagib, which is just crazy &many more.. mutators are your friend so to speak www.ut3mod.com has a small selection of user-made mutators which might be of interest..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This might be a silly question, but whats a "Mutator"?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by demoniac View Post
    In the serv0r brows0r, there's a button that lets you change between seeing the play0rs who've joined and the mutat0rs running on that particular serv0r. Why they chose to show only one of these at a time is a mystery to me, but then again, this is "unreal"

Anyway, if the mutat0r list contains "Titan", then you'll be able to tranform. This is the safe way to tell, the serv0r name is not.
    this hasn't worked for me with regard to Titan.. i can view the mutators on each server but i've not yet seen Titan.. even for games i joined & definitely were using Titan.. :[

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the serv0r brows0r, there's a button that lets you change between seeing the play0rs who've joined and the mutat0rs running on that particular serv0r. Why they chose to show only one of these at a time is a mystery to me, but then again, this is "unreal"

Anyway, if the mutat0r list contains "Titan", then you'll be able to tranform. This is the safe way to tell, the serv0r name is not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bersy has some great video guides to the new Titan pack

here:-
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=663504

Leave a comment:

Working...
X