Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickvote - how does it work?

Hello guys,
    First off: I'm not a fan of kicking other players, but in some rare cases a kick may be the only true solution.
    I often meet team mates who work against their team.
    (Some make it with a purpose, others just because they are new).
    This can be especially annoying in Warfare matches, when orb carriers camp in their base etc.
    (There are plenty of examples).
    Of course me and many others write something, but the guys don't/can't listen.
    (Not everyone speaks English.)

Or if there are cheaters.

So, how does this kickvote actually work?
    I remember that someone said F5, but nothing happens...

P.S. I often play on Epic Midway Warfare servers.

Greets

IIRC, kickvote needs to be enabled by the admin on a particular serv0r.

Comment

Yes, it needs to be enabled, but isnt.

Comment

It can be a very interesting idea specially against spawn killer. The game is sometimes totaly unplayable cause a titan is in your base and kill u when u ve no defence.

Comment

So far only Europeans in this thread. And seriously, on MPUK servers we don't need kickvote. Just whine (!admin) and someone will come along and see what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
            So far only Europeans in this thread. And seriously, on MPUK servers we don't need kickvote. Just whine (!admin) and someone will come along and see what's going on.
            Indeed. Playing a lot on European [Warfare] server I have to confirm that these admins make a great job!

Comment

i wish kickvote is on no matter what

i get so many n00bs whom steal my vehicles & wont give it back, players whom get a needed object with an ultra high ping(eg 500ping player getting tank on WAR-Tankcrossing)

but otherwise i wouldn't kickvote

Comment

People voting to kick someone cuz they feel they have too high ping to have a certain vehicle is, I'd say, among the reasons why kickvote is, and should be, left off.

Comment

If you have problems on an MPUK or Epic-Midway server, come to #mpukunreal on Quakenet IRC or type !admin ingame. If one of the admin staff are available, we will answer your call and sort the problem out that you may have. Another thing i have noticed lately is people are not reading the rules of the MPUK servers, the Epic servers follow the same set of rules.

Kickvoting is not enabled on the server because of how people abuse kickvoting system in UT99, and i do not think there are any plans to implement kickvoting at all for UT3 considering how much it is abused in UT99.

For the rules of UT3 Epic/MPUK servers, go here: http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45326

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                    People voting to kick someone cuz they feel they have too high ping to have a certain vehicle is, I'd say, among the reasons why kickvote is, and should be, left off.
                    but when u need the tank on tank crossing?

they wont get a clean shot due to lag, so they disadvantage the whole team because they get killed with the tank

Comment

hit esc, to go score, right click the name of the person you want to kick.

Comment

Originally posted by |Grayfox| View Post
                        but when u need the tank on tank crossing?

they wont get a clean shot due to lag, so they disadvantage the whole team because they get killed with the tank
                        Yeah, then you lose that game. So what? The person in the tank paid as much as you for the game, and has an equal right to enjoy it.

All sorts of stuff I don't like happens on the public serv0rs, i.e. teammates stealing my vip0r as I'm healing it, guys who for sure won't make it to the node wand0r off with the orb, a guy camping in the Islander turret staring at a certain place to get easy kills missing most of the action and so on. Let them. It's the pubs. Winning matt0rs not.

If you want to play without this kind of behaviour, join a clan, or go play in #mpukut3.warfare

Comment

You're right, but I think there should be some limits.
                          If someone gets the tank and at least tries to do something with it, then it's fully okay.
                          If he gets the tank and only camps on the spawn zone, then it's surely not okay.
                          I don't think anyone will think in this moment "he paid for this game so it's his right".
                          If I would play 100% counter-productive (maybe other games too), I'm sure they will kick me as soon as possible.
                          (What would you say about spawnkillers, cheaters etc.? They also have paid for the game.)
                          UT3 (especially Warfare) is a team game and so it should be hard but fair that some people get kicked.

Stealing vehicles is lame as well, but you just have to be careful.
                          I hardly lose vehicles the last time.
                          Sometimes I stay on the vehicle while healing or linking nodes.
                          I can't remember that anyone stole it this moment.

Greets

Comment

There's a not subtle at all difference between doing stuff cuz you think that's what's needed and doing stuff just to **** off your own team. The people in the latt0r category should be, and are, removed.

Comment

Kick voting can be a good thing against spawn killers (many of them after the Titan). The problem is that new players might kick guys with great aim for cheating or just rage kick vote for some player that makes their life hard in game.

Using admins works but then again i should call an admin for all cold harbor (Titan) games to ban 4-5 or more guys for spawn killing.

Best thing for me is if admins (lets say for 10 days or so..) hop regularly in games n warn or ban some players.

As for kick voting a player with high ping taking tank in tc or some1 that dont help the team ....hmmm....i should kick vote 15 players in Ava for not wanting to get orb? They all wanted vehicles = kills = titans .

Comment

Working...
                              X