Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these frames alright for gtx 260 and C2D e7200 @ 3.6 ghz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You never dip below 60, drvan? Try going to deck with 32 people. I really think it would dip below 60 then. :P

Comment

Are these tests online with 32 people, or offline with 32 bots? That many bots = significant CPU hit.

Comment

I believe you're capped at 90fps online anyway. In 2k4 you could set your max frames to something like 150 and use a netspeed above 10000 to unlock this, but I don't think that works in Ut3.

Also, if you're having problems with Steam-based UT3 not respecting graphics settings like vsync, the drive may not be 'seeing' the game exe properly when launched.

I've got a GTX260/216 (55nm) here, running dual quad 2.66ghz Xeons with fsb at 1333 & I have UT3 with everything on including all dynamic shadows & quality bloom etc. I never see it dip below 80fps online (it fluctuates against that cap a bit) and it hits some rediculous numbers in local matches (200-250fps peaks).

Comment

i have this strange problem when i sometimes play ut3... when i join an online match it runs at like 20 fps or less... what i do is quit ut3... start another game... like say world of goo and quit it and start ut3 again... and lol... i get my steady 60fps...

btw me at 1920x1200 near max on a ati 3870 and a 2.8ghz amd dual core...

something is definitely wrong with your settings...

Comment

this is... sparta because i get ~20fps max in dm_deck with e8400@4,1GHZ, 4gb RAM, 8800gt oc-ed,at 1024x768(very low settings)
            i thik i will throw my ut3 game in the garbage for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonze View Post
              this is... sparta because i get ~20fps max in dm_deck
              What drivers you use? Is hardware PhysX enabled in your gpu drivers and game? Last drivers (I dont remember version) give me few seconds 1fps in downtown when driving scorpion on water, that time I got GT8800 too. Then I changed 185.20 beta and frame rates are better. I dont know about DM maps because I dont play them.

Comment

- i have the latest nvidia drivers
                - i dont't use hardware physX(in game and driver)

Comment

Working...
                X