Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these frames alright for gtx 260 and C2D e7200 @ 3.6 ghz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these frames alright for gtx 260 and C2D e7200 @ 3.6 ghz?

At deck with 32 people my min frame rate was 45. While playing Warfare at a map with snow (can't recall the map) I got down to a minimum of 50fps with about 20 people on the server at my base when it was getting raided and everyone was on screen.

Edit:
    Max graphics settings with intense shading.

1280x1024.

what was the res
    what graphic settings are you useing?

Comment

Hey at least yours doesn't drop down to 7 fps like mine. :'( 45 fps sounds nice....

Comment

Yea, sorry about not including that info. I don't know what I was thinking, lol.

Comment

Try unthicking the ``Disable one thread framelag`` option in the advanced graphics menu

Comment

What will this do?

Comment

You should have at least 60fps with that card. One thing you can try to do is go into your connection settings (in game) and choose a "lan" connection instead of cable/dsl/whatever. You can also go into your UTEngine.ini file and find these four lines:

bSmoothFramerate = False
              MinSmoothedFramerate = (put a number here..i.e. 100.000000)
              MaxSmoothedFramerate = (put a number here.. i.e. 150.000000)
              MinDesiredFramerate = (put a number here.. i.e. 100.000000)

and see if that helps.

Also, there seems to be an issue with playing through Steam that locks it at 60fps.. I managed to re-unlocked it and was getting 150fps on an 8800GT.. but the frames were fluctuating from 60 to 150, and made it look like people were bliping all over the screen. So 60fps is good enough.

Comment

Yea, and the gtx 260 is even overclocked to 650/1160. I'm sure that i'd get a ridiculous amount of frames on average, but I'm trying to figure out if it's normal for action-intense gameplay areas to slow down.

Comment

It doesn't seem like lifting vsync would help minimum frames. It's probably the processor that's limiting the frames.

Comment

Originally posted by Aim_This_way View Post
                    bSmoothFramerate = False
                    MinSmoothedFramerate = (put a number here..i.e. 100.000000)
                    MaxSmoothedFramerate = (put a number here.. i.e. 150.000000)
                    MinDesiredFramerate = (put a number here.. i.e. 100.000000)

Minimum i find works best at 0
                    And i don't even use smoothed frame rates iirc

Comment

Originally posted by stainer711 View Post
                      At deck with 32 people my min frame rate was 45. While playing Warfare at a map with snow (can't recall the map) I got down to a minimum of 50fps with about 20 people on the server at my base when it was getting raided and everyone was on screen.

Edit:
                      Max graphics settings with intense shading.

1280x1024.

How much Ram do you have? 2GB or more= it's your CPU.

My frame rate never goes under the locked 62fps, MAX and 16X AF, 4X AA 1024x768

9800GTX KO,E8400,4GB Reaper.

UT3 shows massive CPU Usage at %80 average.

Comment

Yea, i suppose it's a cpu thing. I have more than 2 gigs. Try looking at your fps in a warfare map with max players and I'll bet it will go down eventually, especially if your cpu isn't overclocked.

Comment

If anyone wants to help me out they could play an instant action match on deck with 32 bots with "stat fps" and "god" typed into the console so they can watch the match with infinite health and a way to monitor fps. I find that this map offers a really effective way to get many players on the screen at once.

Comment

My specs are below and there are certain parts of certain maps where it dips below 60 sometimes. Something to do with maps. There are certain maps made for improved fps (like fps deck) and I don't have the dipping problem in the same areas as I do on regular deck.

Comment

i dunno man, my gtx 260 and c2d @ 2.7 runs ut3 fine @ 1920*1080 w/ max gfx around 90fps.

Comment

Working...
                              X