Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare

Hi,

Been using Cryengine 2 (boo hisss I hear in the background) for a little while. Seems to cover pretty much all my needs but one, MMO networking. Now I'm not so far into the development that assets cant be moved as I am still going through the eval stages for engines. Now today I noticed that there is to be the Atlas system for Unreal that will provide mmo capability. This built in to the engine is a big bonus as we wont have to integrate a third party network system. I am coming round to looking at the ureal engine for eval soon but before I do can you cut it down to the basics this is better in Unreal for me. Some aspects in Cryengine will be better and some in Unreal. I need an experienced view on this not a flame war if poss. I have had a look through the search but not found anything so far. At the moment we are just artists as our programmers have moved on to other projects. But we have a little C++ knowledge between us and will be budgeting for programmers soon. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure you have this posted in the correct forum. Atlas is being developed by Epic Games China for new games. I don't believe there are any plans to incorporate that kind of thing into the engine build that UT3 uses.

Perhaps an Epic employee could confirm or deny.

However, your mention of budgeting leads me to believe that you might be interested in licensing, in which case you've definitely posted in the wrong forum

Comment

Ok thanks. Not sure if a mod can move this to the right spot for me please.

Comment

Working...
      X