Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Epic consider releasing UT3 as a downloadable for PSN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Seriously, I think that the return on putting it on the store would be a worthwhile investment. Sure, there are fees, but considering how old UT3 is now, and with a competitive pricepoint, I think it would sell like crazy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I made pretty much the same topic the other day. Watch out for people coming in saying space and publisher fees will be an issue.

I agree though that they should put it up, as sales for it would guarantee to increase. They would make a lot more money since most people buying it now would probably get it used.

Leave a comment:

• Would Epic consider releasing UT3 as a downloadable for PSN?

I was just wondering how awesome it'd be if I could just buy UT3 on PSN for something like $29.99. What kind of hurdles would there be accomplish such a feat? Does UT3 BD take advantage of the space on the BD, making this the downloadable unreasonably huge, or is it entirely possible, with licensing fees being the only real barrier?

I think UT3's presence on PSN would significantly increase community and server traffic, especially with the community-made mods, and more importantly, an increased awareness propelled by the free Titan Pack.

I think $29.99, or dare I suggest, $19.99, would be an ultimate sweetspot for such packed content, making the game borderline impulse-buy.

Have there been discussions at Epic for the prospect of putting UT3 up as a downloadable on the Playstation Store? And if so, what was the conclusion?

For the other PS3 owners here: Would you double-dip (or triple-dip) if Epic were to release it as a downloadable copy? What's your opinion on the prospect of having UT3 available straight from your XMB?
Working...
X