No announcement yet.

2.2 Features requested to switch from UT2k4 to UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is not true, there are plenty of populated 2k4 servers playing more than demo maps.

Comment

Imagine 2k4 gameplay with UT3 looks... Man oooh man..

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
        that is not true, there are plenty of populated 2k4 servers playing more than demo maps.
        Yep. And the best thing... ....they are even without retarded mutators or gimmicks like Titans, Spider-deployables, slow- or X-Ray-volumes and what not....

Comment

More FOV please

Comment

Originally posted by Jov4s View Post
            Imagine 2k4 gameplay with UT3 looks... Man oooh man..
            I loved UT2004, but I pray that never happens.

Comment

up please

Comment

the FOV should be min at 95 & go to 125 max

90 is old CRTs which few use

Comment

Originally posted by |Grayfox| View Post
                  CRTs never required a FOV of 90, its a users preference, I like 110 even on CRT monitors.
                  TF2 was shipped with the FOV locked at 75 :-/ It caps out at 90 now after a few patches.

I would like a fov cap at 130

For rating popularity of the game I've not really found a site that seems right.
                  However based on xfire, there are 500 more xfire users that play ut2004, what is interesting is that people play ut2004 twice as much than ut3 per day.
                  http://www.xfire.com/games/ut2k4/Unr...urnament_2004/
                  http://www.xfire.com/games/ut3/Unreal_Tournament_3/
                  Note that is samples only xfire users and only logs how long they are running the app, not online and playing.

I'd like to see piped switching.
                  Dumpframes was also a great feature to make really nice videos and gifs that ut3 lacks

Ut3 still has allot of replication bugs, invisible bio, invisible rockets( hit a player on your screen non reged, exploded, then kills a player behind him ?!), continuing rockets(even after they kill a player O.o) Items still on your screen but cannot be picked up.
                  Shock balls colliding with objects outside your viewing frustum.
                  Shooting but not firing(sounds and animation but no ammo consumption, tracers or damage inflicted).
                  Shock beams visible through walls.

Default menu map takes too long to load and hangs (good thing the micro menu still works on 2.0, the hangs in menus are reduced now) Needs a "light" option that is included with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by |Grayfox| View Post
                    the FOV should be min at 95 & go to 125 max

nah, 80 for min is right. (i know players that use 80 fov)
                    they should only raise the max value to 120 - 130-

Comment

Up again and again and again, is not that difficult

Comment

yeye anyway when it's out?
                        any news about it?

Comment

Originally posted by *il_beppe* View Post
                          Hi all!
                          For the next upcoming patch
                          We just need this little things to make the game perfect

1. PipedSwitch Weapon (ability to use 1 key to switch between 2 weapons) (like ut99-ut2k3-ut2k4 did) throug ini or game, doesn't matter, just fix it =)

2. Ability to switch fire mode for 1 weapon at time.(for example, I like ut99 minigun, i would like to use it with inverterd fire modes.)

3. Server Browser while spectating / playing.(for example, I spectate a match and i would like find other servers to play, even to organize with other spectators or in game players to join another server, every ut had this useful feature.)

4. Fov more than 100.(people with higher resolutions i.e. more than 1440 on wide screens, need more than 100 fov, that can be actually changed in every past ut until ut3, why? lots of players hate this. please make top at 120 - 130.)

please epic read this, it's really importat for our community. Lots of players hate this 2 little things, just for those they don't play.
                          well siad m8 if epic do would be great but if they dont we need to start create a mod for it a

Comment

The latest UTComp mut has an in game server browser. Mr Evil wrote the mutator FreeFOV, just search for it. You can use piped key binds to switch between two weapons with one key, just look in the stickies for the Keybinding Tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by aCRaSSiCauDa View Post
                              I believe i'm using it now..

Code:
                              Bindings=(Name="PipeC",Command="switchweapon 7 | switchweapon 4 | setbind F PipeD")
                              Bindings=(Name="PipeD",Command="switchweapon 4 | switchweapon 7 | setbind F PipeC")
                              Bindings=(Name="F",Command="PipeC")
                              I’ve tried this binding extensively with a few different weapons, and it DEFINITELY does not work as well or as cleanly as the original pipeweaponswitch command from previous games.
                              I often have to hit the key twice to get it to switch, and it seems like if I hit the bind too early, it won’t switch over (rather than switching over and waiting for the previous weapon to finish).
                              Anyways… it is pretty clear that this is a clever workaround to the problem, but doesn’t have the full functionality that the original command offered.

Agreed with the original poster… All of those features are needed in ANY unreal game.

Comment

bump again,
                                considering for patch 2.2.

Comment

Working...
                                X