Epic should release UT3 on the PSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic should release UT3 on the PSN

Like EA did with Burnout Paradise, Epic should consider releasing UT3 as a PSN title. I think it would help boost the sales, just look at how well Burnout is doing.

If it was Cheap enough (Steam $11.99 sale cheap) I'd be willing to buy another copy just so I wouldn't have to deal with the DVD.

Comment

I would purchase it again even though I'm playing with the disc simply to support the developer for all the hard work they put into this game.

(and hopefully help offset costs of any possible further patches/expansions)

Comment

Will never happen. File size would be enormous.

Comment

Originally posted by Azure.Rise View Post
          It happened on PC and I downloaded the 9GB file there, I see no reason it can't happen on PSN unless Sony has size limitations (which I'm almost sure they dont)

Comment

They dont tailsnake, but 9gb is simply too high, unless they can compress it down to 3-4gb max i dont see it happening, shame thought because im sure it would be popular

Comment

Originally posted by Oizu View Post
              They dont tailsnake, but 9gb is simply too high, unless they can compress it down to 3-4gb max i dont see it happening, shame thought because im sure it would be popular
              That doesn't stop Siren Blood Curse. That game is 9 gb and on PSN. So there would be no need to compress it, and I have no problem waiting for a 9 gb download, especially if it frees me from having to put my copy of UT3 in every time I want to play.

Comment

If they can get passed the space issue, it would be a no-brainer to put it up on the PSN, especially if they do the special weekend sale for $12.99 (and hopefully find a way to get online split-screen ). I mean, Wheel of Fortune just released and it's 15 freakin dollars! Which game do you think people would rather spend their money on...

Comment

Not gonna happen when the publishers have to pay for the download.

Comment

Originally posted by Northrawn View Post
                    Not gonna happen when the publishers have to pay for the download.
                    Lol what? So you're saying they'd rather not pay the 16 cents per gigabyte when at the same time they could be charging the game for $20-30? They'd only lose about $1-2 per download...

Why haven't publishers stopped putting up demos?

Epic sure didn't mind putting up the Titan pack for free.

Comment

Lets see. That's about 1.44 per download of the 9 gig unreal tournament 3 for bandwidth on the PSN. Sony takes about a 10-20% cut though Microsoft does not charge for bandwidth, they DO take a bigger cut on the actual sale so you still come ahead on the PSN. Plus most copies at retail that are sold aren't new as gamestop and gamecrazy are loaded with used copies. So why not make a bit of profit on this through PSN store? The introduction or a crazy week with a 12 dollar introduction and standard 20 dollar intro would be a great rejuvination for the game. Who could turn it down at 12 bucks on the PS3? Very few people. This could easily outsell stuff like flower and crash commando.

Comment

Originally posted by Azure.Rise View Post
                        While it would certainly be the biggest PS Store game to date, the filesize isn't that big. Look at the 360 version: it has more content than the stock PS3 version and it fitted on 6.8GB space (rest of the DVD-9 for 360 is reserved for MS's DRM). Also, remember that PS Store games can be strongly compressed (it needs to be installed also). I think it will be around the size of GT5:P. There are even PSN demos that are around 2GB in download size and those are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Eew View Post
                          While it would certainly be the biggest PS Store game to date, the filesize isn't that big. Look at the 360 version: it has more content than the stock PS3 version and it fitted on 6.8GB space (rest of the DVD-9 for 360 is reserved for MS's DRM). Also, remember that PS Store games can be strongly compressed (it needs to be installed also). I think it will be around the size of GT5:P. There are even PSN demos that are around 2GB in download size and those are free.
                          I was referring to the fact that the publishers now have to pay for the bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by Northrawn View Post
                            I was referring to the fact that the publishers now have to pay for the bandwidth.
                            That's why I added info about game demos being free and a paid PS Store game always generates income.

Comment

Nice idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X