Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the right time to betray your team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the right time to betray your team?

I have been playing the new gametype since yesterday. As I play a lot of deathmatch, on my first Betrayal match I betrayed my teammates as soon as I see them. But later, I notice that I can do much more points betraying my team when the pot is between 10 and 15. After that point I think the risk of be betrayed is high.

When do you think is the right time to betray your team?
    Do you consider anything else than the pot to betray?

you get retribution points if you get revenge on whoever betrayed you.... this might be worth taking into account. The higher the betrayal, the higher the revenge points!

yeah dont go around betraying staight away..... its not cool!

Comment

yeah i played with a bunch of noobs yesterday thats all they did i found that mode to be extremely garbage because no one is going to play it correctly... all i saw from that mode was instagib DM thats all no one really played it how it was supposed to be played

Comment

It all depends if you're in the middlegame or endgame. If I'm near the frag limit on the server and I only need 2 kills more to win, I'll betray for a pot of 3 in a heartbeat. Same thing if it's near the time limit and betraying will propel me into a (very marginal) first place.

But usually, during the middlegame, it's better to wait for the pot to get somewhat large. Other factors include how skilled my team mates are; if a good player is harassing me over a 4-5 frag pot, I'll let him kill me and try to score the retribution. If it's a worse player, I'll just take the pot for myself and try to avoid getting killed.

If the pot is above 8, I almost always try to score it for myself. Again, skill is a factor, as I'll sometimes wait until it gets to 10 or 15 if my team mates are worse than I am.

Comment

I'm not skilled enough to depend on retribution. I hunt and hide.

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
            yeah i played with a bunch of noobs yesterday thats all they did i found that mode to be extremely garbage because no one is going to play it correctly...
            THis is partly due to broken* gamerules. AS much as I am for the "relative-scoring" I think that the betraying itself should not give more than 1 point plus the pot, no matter how much other players are behind you.
            This would result in people fighting for your team and filling the pot instead of getting a lot scores for a betrayal when the pot is low.

Currently it is that if you are a good player the others on your team betray you (I got betrayed 3 times within 20 seconds for a pot of 0) and then there is no team to fill the pot, which lessens the importance of the pot and betraying.

*) IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Northrawn View Post
              THis is partly due to broken* gamerules. AS much as I am for the "relative-scoring" I think that the betraying itself should not give more than 1 point plus the pot, no matter how much other players are behind you.
              This would result in people fighting for your team and filling the pot instead of getting a lot scores for a betrayal when the pot is low.

Currently it is that if you are a good player the others on your team betray you (I got betrayed 3 times within 20 seconds for a pot of 0) and then there is no team to fill the pot, which lessens the importance of the pot and betraying.

*) IMHO

exactly people just play it as if it was a normal instagib deathmatch they dont understand the concept of the word betrayal

Comment

Originally posted by Predatore View Post
                When do you think is the right time to betray your team?
                As soon as I see someone blue. Of course, I've only played Betrayal a couple times.

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
                  exactly people just play it as if it was a normal instagib deathmatch they dont understand the concept of the word betrayal
                  EPIC should include a fix for this (maybe optional serverside) in 2.1 that a betrayal only gives you the pot and maybe one point for a kill.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                    As soon as I see someone blue. Of course, I've only played Betrayal a couple times.
                    Sigh..... this is the problem.

Comment

I have a question on the scoring. Let's say the pot is 10 and you betray a teammate who has a 4 over their head. My understanding is that you're supposed to net 14 points, but in my experience you only get 11 (10 + 1 point for the betrayal). What should it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate33 View Post
                        I have a question on the scoring. Let's say the pot is 10 and you betray a teammate who has a 4 over their head. My understanding is that you're supposed to net 14 points, but in my experience you only get 11 (10 + 1 point for the betrayal). What should it be?
                        it should be 14 points, and I think that is what you get, but I would have to pay more attention next time I play.

as for when to betray, if I come across a team-mate and the pot is 7 or above I try to betray, though I might take out a few other people first if they are in the way.

if there are 3 people on the team I think everyone starts betraying earlier than they would with just 2 people, so you don't risk the two others killing each other without you getting a chance at the pot.

except for that you just have to get an idea of how the other people play. Try to figure out if they betray early and whetever you have a good chance of getting retribution on them and getting a few more points or be on the safer side and betray them.

Comment

Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
                          it should be 14 points,
                          It should be 11 for better gameplay. But unfortunatly it is 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                            I'm not skilled enough to depend on retribution. I hunt and hide.
                            then you should play more and get better

Comment

I haven't seen retribution points less than 7, so if you are playing with a noob that kills you when the pot is 0 or 1, it is not as bad as it seems because you just kill him and get a quick 7 points and hopefully get on a new team that understands to wait until pot is bigger. The teams that wait for pot to be over 10 are the people that have the best chance of winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X