Just for fun PS3 frag vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for fun PS3 frag vid

Now I know pretty much every PS3 vid that's been posted here has been ripped to shreds...but I usually enjoy them, and I've got pretty thick skin so I figured what the heck...it's not perfect by any means, but for a PS3 vid I think it's decent. The link is directly to the HQ version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bollsvZWgS0&fmt=18

There is a message on the vid but I'll repeat it here anyway:

I thought it would be fun to put a video together. It's all from one night worth of recording so most of the kills are very average...there are a few good ones though.

This is captured using a digital camera recording the TV...so quality isn't the best but it's as good as I can do with what I have. It's a bit dark as well...next time I'll add some brightness while I'm editing. Initially I wasn't going to make it public cuz I'm not totally happy with it but what the hell...I went through the effort of making it I might as well post it.

Looks nice. What digital camera and TV do you have?

Comment

I wondered how you would make insta interesting. Nice work with the slo-mo editing. Considereding how you recorded it, the quality isn't that bad at all. Good vid.

Comment

Rarely play insta but I enjoyed it. Nice work

Comment

Thx guys! I appreciate it!

The TV is probably the main reason it looks 'ok'.

The camera is nothing special Sony 8.1M DSC-T70. TV is a Panasonic 50" plasma.

Comment

Fun to watch; I can't critize (spelling lol) your skill though, as I'm a PC player, and the two can't be compared : )

Comment

The video is in frame and in proper ratio, I was beginning to wonder if any PS3 players could capture video that looked acceptable.

The video suffers from overuse of slow motion, about half the movie was in half speed.
              The frag highlights were stale, many 5 second clips of a single kill then cutting to another 5 second clip of a kill. This could be avoided by collecting more video ahead of time or shortening the video to key frags that were exceptional.
              More kill chains and sprees would have been nice, shows better skill and will be typically longer clips so it wont be as much of a slide show of individual frags.

Comment

The video quality itself was poor imo. I absolutely loved InstaGib (yes, I pronounce it with a G ) in UT1. As in the original Unreal Tournament. IMO, UT2003/4's Instagib was downright crappy feeling and just horrible. I couldn't stand it. I'm finally starting to get the hang of it again and really enjoying it in UT3. As far as the video itself.. It was ok I guess

Comment

I really like your vid! nice work dude!
                  Music is nice, too.
                  Hmm it have be great to play on a 50" plasma :O
                  but I am happy with my pc version though. :P

Comment

So I already "know" that videos are usually **** if done by a PS3 player, and this one needs to show more skill, it has poor quality, you can't pronounce instagib. UT isntaj1b was fantastic, ut2003/4 was obviously horrible, UT3 is good again.

Surprise me for once. Just once

How about building an united community instead of one that eats itself alive and makes itself irrelevant? Being ambitious and believing in kicking TF2, ETQW or Q3's butts instead of it's own? Makes sense? Including cross-platform with PS3 now that the game is more stable and it's more acceptable to wait for console certification? And those folks that keep playing UT2004 because "it's more fun" and are at least as many as the ones playing UT3? If nothing of this is possible, how about even thinking of being inclusive for a change?

Comment

Nice vid as I know it's not easy capturing PS3 footage, and I'm not sure I would even try.

Hopefully I'll see you around (maybe on your server, if you set it up again once the Titan pack is out for us).

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                        The video is in frame and in proper ratio, I was beginning to wonder if any PS3 players could capture video that looked acceptable.

The video suffers from overuse of slow motion, about half the movie was in half speed.
                        The frag highlights were stale, many 5 second clips of a single kill then cutting to another 5 second clip of a kill. This could be avoided by collecting more video ahead of time or shortening the video to key frags that were exceptional.
                        More kill chains and sprees would have been nice, shows better skill and will be typically longer clips so it wont be as much of a slide show of individual frags.
                        I agree with most of your points. This was more or less a test...my first try at a frag video and I had limited footage so I used what I had. I didn't want to spend a week gathering it and find out it was junk and all for nothing. Now that I know how to do it and that it works I'll spend more time collecting better kills.

The amount of slowmo I felt was necessary given that I only had these 5 second clips and they were instagib so without slowmo the kills, as average as they are, would have felt even less satisfying.

@ Wotpal - I've had my servers back up for a couple weeks (currently in Duel). They already have the titan pack content so it's just a matter of it being delivered to the PS3. Yeah man hope to see ya around!

Comment

Working...
                        X