Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by |Grayfox| View Post
    if it took 5 seconds by standing next to it, fine
    Could easily be done via Kismet. Look at WAR: Cores are damaged by several sidenodes on a few maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      Assault maps were always hard to make. Not counting those ugly race map hackjobs, there were only a handful community-made Assault maps for UT2004, compared to the hundreds of DM/CTF/ONS maps.
      So if it was always difficult to make Assault maps, it isn't much of an argument that now Epic decided to exclude Assault mod from ut3, is it?
      Also please note that in those "ugly race map hackjobs", and in "only a handful community-made Assault maps for UT2004" there are more players active in any given time, than in the whole ut3 !!!

Comment

it is very possible to control events when owning a node via kismet. I made a map that if you control a certain node other nodes controlled by your team are not visible or attack able by the other team. In this map either team can trigger this event but it could easily be made so 1 team could only do so. Having the teams switch sides per core destruction would give you the attacker and defender teams of assault.

The elements needed to create a true Assault are in the stock Warfare maps, Titan pack included.

Comment

Originally posted by GnabGib View Post
          Also please note that in those "ugly race map hackjobs", and in "only a handful community-made Assault maps for UT2004" there are more players active in any given time, than in the whole ut3 !!!
          Ok, let me check.....
          UT2004:
          21 "people" playing "assault" maps or maps I cant determine type ( can't verify if they are real or bots)
          29 "people" playing bender races and trials

UT3:
          330 players total at 9:40 am EST
          Epics 32 player server is full, which means that there is more people in one sever than the entire assualt community.

Comment

Assault was a great gametype derived from the original genious of ut99

Comment

Originally posted by kingovscots View Post
              i loved assault in 2k4 why the hell have epic not put it in as a game type and why dont they still put it in or are they working on it does anyone know if anyone is working on it, because there are still loads of people playing it on 2k4 i mean if epic want more people to go over to ut3 then lets get assault as a game type on there i think it would be totally awesome on ut3.
              Because Epic doesn't know what they want. This makes twice they've removed what has been proven to be the best game type in UT, EVER.

Comment

The community as a whole does not know what it wants either. After six pages of this discussion I still haven't seen anyone present a somewhat coherent and unanimous view of exactly what Assault is and just why Warfare could not fully encompass Assault.

Comment

Main difference between Assault and WARfare is that you can take back ground you've lost in WAR. Otherwise any assault map could be implemented by the WAR mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistwaver View Post
                    Because Epic doesn't know what they want. This makes twice they've removed what has been proven to be the best game type in UT, EVER.
                    So, any news on assault mode?
                    I stoped playing ut3 the last 4-5 months because of the lack of assault mode , and now i am back.
                    Are there any good news?

Comment

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=184778
                      that guy is still working on it

Comment

Working...
                      X