assault for ut3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

assault for ut3

i loved assault in 2k4 why the hell have epic not put it in as a game type and why dont they still put it in or are they working on it does anyone know if anyone is working on it, because there are still loads of people playing it on 2k4 i mean if epic want more people to go over to ut3 then lets get assault as a game type on there i think it would be totally awesome on ut3.

Yeah! That totally sounds like something the community should create!

Btw, the people playing it on 2k4 are just playing AS-Convoy 24/7 or Hellbender Races. 2k4 Assault is dead.

Comment

War is basically Assault...

Comment

In all fairness, not really.

Comment

war is more like onslaught and bombing run

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
            War is basically Assault...
            No it isnt - assault would be great - but it got hijacked by racing games in ut2004

Comment

it depends on what form of WAR you are looking at: the stock form by Epic which I think, especially the new maps, are extremely Assault-ish. Or the custom WAR, and I dont just mean BigDog and my maps , which are more ONS-ish.

Comment

How come? Assault is one sided. Hostile is the only map that reminds me of assault, because it's not possible to attack the core on the walker side, the uplink node is required

Comment

There are Assault style objectives in some Warfare maps, but Warfare is no substitution for Assault.

Comment

IMO all maps that have unlinked nodes that do some form of special kismet event are assault-ish. Maybe not just a single countdown node such as in Floodgate but when you have air nodes, levi nodes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                      There are Assault style objectives in some Warfare maps, but Warfare is no substitution for Assault.
                      as it is no substitution for ONS either

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                        as it is no substitution for ONS either
                        Yes there is, and it's called make Warfare maps without the things you don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                          Of course not and neither are the objectives, assault is not competing for resources on equal ground. It's about assimetry, without back and forth, having one team attacking without concern about defending and the other fighting to stop progress.

Comment

Isn't that a map design thing? Warfare could potentially offer all that Assault and Onslaught offered, and some interesting mixtures as well (which is where its strength is, if you ask me). Saying AS and ONS are not WAR is like saying apples and bananas are not fruit.

Comment

Is it possible to create an Assault map using Warfare objectives that are hidden from sight and triggered by kismet? Yes, so I'm told. The problem as I see it is that Warfare by default has odd numbered rounds, thus resulting in one team getting the 'advantageous' side twice (see Islander). If you used Mr.Evils WarFair mutator it in theory should resolve that. But it all comes back to my initial point: It's up to the community, not Epic.

Comment

Working...
                              X